Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Opinion of wheels

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 08:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Opinion of wheels

I just got my FRC a week and a half ago. The rear tires are nearly gone, so I've been looking for new wheels to upgrade to while getting the tires. I was thinking originally that I'd get C5 z06 wheels. Then I started looking at the prices of tires for z06 wheels.....wow they're proud of them!

So I did a little searching on ebay and found these wheels:

They're C6 z06 wheels in 17x8.5 and 18x9.5. The good news is stock sized tires will fit these and they're much cheaper than z06 tires.

Yes, I know I'm bitching about the cost of tires, but my concern is not max. performance for street tires.....that's why they invented track tires

So what do you think of these wheels?
Old 06-19-2006, 09:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I LOVE the C6 ZO6 wheels in Hyper-Silver. Check out Radical Wheels website, they have sets for something like $1100.....they also have sets in Black Chrome that are just sick.

I'm up in the air as to the C6 ZO6 or the Ace Slick (called ZO7 sometimes) wheels.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I once bought repro z06 wheels for my camaro, I will never get another set of knock off's, they're heavy as f&^k, nice decrease in power , I really like the 02+z06 oem wheels and there made by speedline, not sure who makes the new z06 wheels but I am sure the oem's will be alot lighter and stronger than any knock off company, I've also had bad experiences w/ebay wheels too, I have to reccomend bob @ house of wheels, he was the last person I got wheels from and will go through him for my next set...

Quick Reply: Opinion of wheels