Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stop.. or keep going?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 11:42 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stop.. or keep going?

i FINALLY got my slp parts today, put them on and could actually tell a difference.. i can't wait to take it to the strip this weekend!! i now have k/n filter, slp CAI, slp lid, smooth bellow, tb bypass and FRA mod done.. i love my car but since it's very expensive and it's currently my ONLY car.. i'm thinking about just HOW fast i wanna make it.. i believe i definitely do not wanna get a stall and probably not a bigger rearend cuz i drive it EVERYDAY.. but i def. wanna get longtubes and full exhaust system soon too.. for NOW since i drive it everyday is there really any other mods i could or should do here soon?? i mean i don't wanna beat drag cars or nothin just yet.. i really just wanna be able to wax asses down the freeway i mean i wanna make SURE if a cobra, GTO, T/A, another z, or even a vette pulls up beside me revvin there cars i can smile and make em wish they bought somethin else
Old 06-19-2006, 11:57 AM
TECH Regular

If you are worried, just stick with bolt ons. You are already on a good start. If you are an auto, get a stall and you will knock off a half second in the 1/4 with traction. Then do long tubes and a cat back and you will be good to go.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

ls6 manifold, of lsx, remove egr, air and rear o2's lt's and exhaust, 224 cam, I would stop there.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you can go alot further on your DD if you buy a 12bolt or a 9in.......

otherwise... you shouldnt be beating on it with it hooking... even on basic bolton hp levels...
Old 06-19-2006, 12:09 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by alphaNomega07
i really just wanna be able to wax asses down the freeway i mean i wanna make SURE if a cobra, GTO, T/A, another z, or even a vette pulls up beside me revvin there cars i can smile and make em wish they bought somethin else
dude, you're going to need more than full exhaust and intake boltons to wax a cobra. With under $500 in mods they can be pushing 500 hp. Thats a car in a completely different league than yours.

Regardless of that. Unless you're a gutted turbo car on spray with ET Streets, i dont know if you can be "SURE" you're going to beat someone. No matter how fast you are, there is ALWAYS someone faster out there. Money talks my friend.

Now, that said. I have a daily driven autmatic, stalled, heads/cam but I kept my stock 2.73 gears. And I still think it's slow... must go faster. But to go much faster I'm going to need about $1200 to do the intake, or 5k for a procharger or turbo.

Your cheapest route to going fast when you need to but keeping the car fairly stock is to Spray some N20.

Our cars respond quite well to it and a 100 shot wont hurt anything. It'll give you that little bit extra when you need it for around $500 for a dry kit. (dont quote me on that)
Old 06-19-2006, 12:11 PM
TECH Regular

Also, if you're automatic, dont worry about the rear end. The only way you'll break it is by wheel hopping, and if that happens, get some control arm relocation brackets.. that should eliminate it. If it really worries you get a Girdle for the rear for some added strength.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup there is no way your going to wax the cars you listed unless you start making some serious HP. If your looking for the most HP with stock driveability/stall/gearing on an auto id say a low 220 intake / low 220 exhaust duration on a 114 lsa would do the trrick, then get a 100 dry shot and that should do it. Of course you will need longtubes, catback/true duals, and an ls6 intake manifold. If your not looking to spend a lot of money then go with pacesetter coated LT's/ory/100-150 shot and that will take care of most cars you meet on the street.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:42 PM
Teching In

man i know i won't beat a newer cobra they're supercharged... but cobra's older than 03 aren't that much faster if any than my car.. me n my gurl made a trip to the beach (320 miles) this past weekend and i raced 2 cobra's on the way.. 1 from already doin 60mph but the other was a dude that did actually flag me down and we stopped and lined it up on some road.. i beat both.. 1 was an 01 and the other that i raced from a dead stop was a 99.. granted the car was a 5 speed and he claimed he hasn't had it very long and was not very good at driving it.. i still won by a car and a half.. i don't want or expect my car to beat anything and everything on the street i'd just like to win 8 or 9 outta 10 races
Old 06-19-2006, 01:42 PM
TECH Resident

i love my car but since it's very expensive and it's currently my ONLY car.. i'm thinking about just HOW fast i wanna make it..
Quit buying SLP parts from SLP and you'll have a lot more money left over to spend on mods. The ONLY thing SLP makes that I would recommend to somebody is the dual/dual exhaust, and that's if you can find it used.

If you wanna have a good chance at waxing an '03-04 cobra or vette, get you some LT's, 3500 stall verter (for a d/d), and about 100 shot of N2O.

Pacesetter LTs w/ ORY = $500
3500 stall Fuddle HP/Street version to handle the juice = $555
Dynotune Nitrous Dry Kit = $350
Shipping = $100

Install everything yourself and you'll be waxing most cars (around here anyway) for just about $1500.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:50 PM
Launching!

What part of SC you located in?
Old 06-19-2006, 01:54 PM
Teching In

also another question right now i got the stock ls1 intake manifold if i go ahead and remove the EGR will that make it easier and make more sense when i buy the ls6 intake without the EGR?? i was lookin at install university on how to remove the EGR but man i'm just not good at that **** lol i'm still a little confused on how to do it but hopefully i can figure it out i mean i'm not a fan of rippin **** out my car and what to do after i rip it out..
Old 06-19-2006, 01:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Next mods should definitely be longtubes, ORY, and a decent catback. These things are mandatory for almost any major mod down the road.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:56 PM
Teching In

williamston, sc it's like 20 min from anderson and bout 30-40 from gville or spartanburg
Old 06-19-2006, 03:27 PM
That's what she said...

TNT F1 kit jetted at 100hp, you should be able to run away from 90% of the cars who want a piece, unless you are driving in Houston, then you'll need the 400 jets.

LT's ORY (or duals), LS6 manifold/ported TB, UD pulley, and a TUNE. After you get tired of this, you'll convince yourself you want a stall.

I have to agree on the 10-bolt problem. You won't break it with an automatic unless your wheel hopping problems are horrible, and they can be fixed.
Old 06-19-2006, 03:54 PM
Tech Resident

bone stock f-bodies will beat 90% of the cars on the road. i know i'd easily beat 9 outta 10 i see no question, at least in south jersey. longtubes is your next move, and i'd get a real ram air like the FTRA. that stupid FRA mod isn't worth the dirty filter.