PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just how personal is your VE table?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 02:06 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just how personal is your VE table?

Obviously each setup is different, hell even similar setups with the same truck will still get different scenarios. But tuning the ve table should IMO net a pretty similar picture for each particular application. Hence the ability of blower companies being able to shoot out a pretty well designed cookie cutter tune. Even before i got 2bar and then the smaller pulley I have felt my VE table has never appeared to be close to other tunes I've looked at. As you'll notice Yelo in that stock bin you're getting the 4K range has a nice "turtle shell" to it. (I just made the turtle shell thing up) On my ve table I have a HUGE crater or pocket in the upper map mid rpm. I have been rinsing and cleaning this ve table for a week now. It's what the blower/truck wants. It runs really good and gets seriously mad at me if I add fuel(air) in that area. Curious if I am getting upset about nothing here and all you FI guys have the same results or I have issues in this region of my ve table?

Last VE edit pic link
Old 06-19-2006, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yours looks a lot smoother than mine does lol
Old 06-19-2006, 02:58 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Originally Posted by Bad Habit Bird
Yours looks a lot smoother than mine does lol
it's just huge dip, bowl around 4k 100map that has me wondering.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

By looking at the RPM/MAP range its in, I think you should look toward your timing table in regards to explaining the dip. If its not timing related, I would suspect head flow being the next culprit.

That being said though, there's nothing wrong with what you have there. For the way the engine is, and the way the rest of your tune is, it sounds like its just right. That being said, I don't think I'd mess with it unless you're trying to get every last bit of power out of it, boosted cars seem to be pretty sensitive to timing.