Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help !

Old 06-19-2006, 04:06 PM
Bad Seller Warning!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help !

Ok guys i tried relocating my battery today... I connected the power wire from the front to the positive in the back.... and then i connected the negative to the frame..... the negative up front i didnt do anything with for some reason in the back... it wont let me ground to anything.... the only way it shows any power is if i connect the tester light to the battery... i know this is all very confusing..... let me try one more time

the power wire up front goes back to the battery... the old negative that used to be on the battery is just up front..... for some reason the only time i get any power traveling.... (i used a tester bulb) is if i connect the negative to the battery.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:59 PM
Bad Seller Warning!

help please.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:55 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not really sure what you are asking. You have to take the original negative battery cable and bolt it to the frame up front, the battery will be grounded to the frame at the rear alsoalso. You have to have a good connection between the engine and the frame for it to work.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:22 PM
Bad Seller Warning!

wait so the negative from the front still needs to be grounded???
Old 06-19-2006, 10:17 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, take the cable that used to be hooked up to the negative side if the battery and bolt it to the frame and make sure its a good clean connection. Since the engine/trans and rear are on rubber mounts the block needs to be grounded to the frame well since thats where your battery is grounded to now. There should be a wre going from the ground cable to the frame but its probably not big enough to crank it.

I re-read your post a couple times, make sure you have the battery grounded well in the back, clean all the paint off of everything and make sure its going to something stout like the seat belt stud or right into the frame.

Search this Thread