Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Doing AIR removal, and I have a quick question.

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 04:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Doing AIR removal, and I have a quick question.

First of all, I have a 2000 WS6 if you needed to know.

Ok, I got the metal pieces going into the manifolds unbolted and out of there and then I was taking the tubing out and I have a question about something that wasn't mentioned in the guide for doing this that I was looking at(the one from LS1Camaro.com). The tube that comes up from the air pump and goes around behind the engine bay has a little cylinder shaped plastic thing right in the tube where it splits and goes to each manifold. My question is, the guide says nothing about that, it just says to work the tube out of there. So what do I do with it? Just unhook the tube and leave it in there or what? Thanks!

(I'm in the middle of doing this to so if I could get an answer in a hurry I would appreciate it greatly , thanks!)
Old 06-19-2006, 05:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing. There is a little tube that comes off of it. Plug it with a screw thats big enough to be screwed into and it won't come out. I left them there.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:05 PM
12 Second Club

when i removed my AIR there was no piece of the system left so i would say if it is in or attached to the tube that goes to the pump take it out as well.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by spy2520
when i removed my AIR there was no piece of the system left so i would say if it is in or attached to the tube that goes to the pump take it out as well.
On mine when I looked at it it appeared to be going from one side of the manifold to the other so I figured it was for some kind of vaccum thing. I left it there and plugged the tube that went to the air.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:46 PM
12 Second Club

So I didn't know there was anything to take out except the tubes , the metal things that go into the manifolds, and the pump. Now there is that thing there, some smaller thing that another guide I found shows removed, and some small tubes that I have no idea where they go and it's making me a bit confused. I didn't expect them. So what do I do with all this stuff? Could someone either explain it or give me a link to a guide or something that will show me exactly what to do with this stuff? Thanks again.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

I know that there was one LONG Air tube that went around the back side of the engine. That I removed.

There there is a little black cylinder behind the drivers side head with three outlets thats has a hose going from two to them. Then a third really small tube that goes nowhere. I was told to plug that with a screw. I did.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:59 PM
12 Second Club

Ok, so you just took off all the tubes that are like 2/3" in diameter and just plugged the little one coming out of it with a screw? What about the little air solenoid thing that was in one of the guides I was reading? Did you do anything with that?
Old 06-19-2006, 07:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

I followed the header install in the sticky. Everything worked for me. If it didn't mention removing something I didn't remove it. If it did I did.