Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Intercooler chiller info?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 11:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Intercooler chiller info?

Anybody running an intercooler spray bar? If you are, what kind of gains are you seeing from it?
Old 06-20-2006, 10:00 AM
10 Second Club

I'd like to know as well!
Old 06-20-2006, 10:48 AM
TECH Resident

From what i hear.. most people say not to run them.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:57 AM
Staging Lane

The gains are absolutely zero. I have seen super trick Syclones with CO2 spray bars, Supras that open a 10lb bottle and let 5lb of it go right onto the IC, etc. etc. All saw absolutely no ET improvement.

In most of the cases where a car would see a gain on a dyno it is actually the nitrous getting into the motor thru the IC via small hole or leak.

It is a neat toy and a good idea that would seem to work, but you are really just purging your nitrous system at a different location than by the winshield. Both waste nitrous and give you no gain.

Spend the $$$ elsewhere. Don't be "that guy" that tells everyone not to do it after they wasted $$$. Unless you are builidng a car for F&F...
Old 06-20-2006, 11:04 AM
TECH Resident

That pretty much what I heard.. If you want to run Nitrous. Put a small(say 50 shot) after the intercooler. Before the intake manifold. The gains will be about 100rwhp on FI.. And you'll getting some cooling properties from N20. Pretty much on the opposite end.. Still has cooling properties but reacts differntly with the ambient temps.. Is methanol. Won't see much hp gains from that.. but it wi;; keep you from detonating and allow you to run higher boost on pump gas.. etc etc

Quick Reply: Intercooler chiller info?