Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What battery relocation kit, battery box, kill switch, and battery should I buy?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 10:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What battery relocation kit, battery box, kill switch, and battery should I buy?

I have a non-t-top car set up for daily driving. I want better weight distribution and traction. And I like buying things that already include everything that you need and could be installed in the car with little to no hassle and/or side effects. So, I'm considering buying the Taylor battery relocation kit, Taylor aluminum battery box, and the Taylor kill switch from Thunder Racing. Are there better battery relocation kits, battery boxes, and kill switches out there besides the Taylor ones that will work in my car with little hassle? What battery would you recommend? Is there an every day battery that I could use without having to get it vented? Are there additional maintenance requirements needed when running a battery in the rear? Will I have to drill a hole in the rear just to install the kill switch? Why is a kill switch necessary? Will I still be able to hold my spare tire and jack in the rear? Thanks in advance for the info.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:13 AM
11 Second Club

If you want weight transfer I'd invest your money in suspension first. Get some drag springs and adjustable struts and disconnect the front sway bar. That will help the nose to lift a lot more then moving a 36lb battery to the rear. But to answer your question: Taylor battery relocation kit and alum box (yes). I like the flaming river kill switch personally. Anytime you relocate the battery to the rear the box must be vented and a kill switch is mandatory to be NHRA legal. If it's your DD I'd get some tires and suspension first. -Mark
Old 06-24-2006, 09:09 PM
Restricted User

I put mine on drivers side so i could keep the spare tire

This is in the front to hook cables to.

Dale
Old 06-26-2006, 08:27 AM
I ruin the end of films...

Moroso aluminum box in the t-top hatch, Flaming River disconnect with the pushbar just below the passenger side light.

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
If you want weight transfer I'd invest your money in suspension first. Get some drag springs and adjustable struts and disconnect the front sway bar. That will help the nose to lift a lot more then moving a 36lb battery to the rear. But to answer your question: Taylor battery relocation kit and alum box (yes). I like the flaming river kill switch personally. Anytime you relocate the battery to the rear the box must be vented and a kill switch is mandatory to be NHRA legal. If it's your DD I'd get some tires and suspension first. -Mark
Agreed. It's like putting spindle mounts on a full weight car to lose weight.

Quick Reply: What battery relocation kit, battery box, kill switch, and battery should I buy?