PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can Megasquirt & MSD 6010 Box control everything to run LS1?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 04:21 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can Megasquirt & MSD 6010 Box control everything to run LS1?

I actually believe it can and plan on trying but maybe someone has any insight into what im in the middle of doing on an ls1 conversion on a friends pre-smog car...

The MSD 6010 Box is $250
Megasquirt is around $300 with everything. That is less than I would be paying just for a LS1 harness/pcm, having it reworked (like speartech) and then upgrading to HPtuners /w 3 bar map sensor for boost... etc...

I didnt want to use a factory ls1 harness/pcm really since its an ls1 swap old car.

I was thinking of using megasquirt to control all my fueling/injectors etc. I will tie it in with my wideband o2 and a 3bar map sensor for boost. Megasquirt will connect to the throttle body and read IAC and TPS etc as well.

The MSD 6010 box runs all the timing/rpm ignition controls for the motor. It has a fully laptop programmable timing curve that includes reading up to a 3 bar map sensor for boost controlled timing.... Its intended

I then wouldnt need a OBDII port etc and could use my laptop to fully run everything from megasquirt and MSD pro data+ software...

Any thoughts on anything I'm missing? I think it'll do everything I need it to for this ls1 conversion.

any problems forseen?
Old 06-21-2006, 01:21 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im going to try this in the conversion section.

Quick Reply: Can Megasquirt & MSD 6010 Box control everything to run LS1?