Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

allngn_c5 2 VS Fadi's C6 ZO6, 2 wins and too many defeats

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 07:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default allngn_c5 2 VS Fadi's C6 ZO6, 2 wins and too many defeats

I have to humble myself a little. Fadi and I got together yesterday to see what an LG Motorsports H/C plus ALL boltons could do against a Stock C6 ZO6 and to say the least we found out. I was only able to get 2 legitimate wins out of numerous trys from different speeds. I will say this, the C6 ZO6 has so much torque, so much earlier on then I do, that I can not touch him. We did a 55 mph roll (I know rolling aint racing) I was in second and I edged him by a bumper or so. The only time I can actually get him would be at 100 in 4th gear where our tq numbers are closer and I can pull to the top as well or better then he can. Fadi has the footage from my car's view. Thanks to Fadi's friend John for volunteering to ride with me and record me getting spanked. He also got my win, so I'll take it. Nick worked the camera from Fadi's car, and I was lead to believe that the footage is top notch. Better then what he pulled from my camera. So the video is in the works, just give Fadi a day or two to put it together. Just to peak everyones curiosity and to invite some of the members out, there will be a rematch. Should be Sunday morning if the conditions are right. I feel if we play with some of the variables (Car, driver/passenger weight differences, full tank in each car VS me full and Fadi with a quarter) I can maybe, and I did say MAYBE give Fadi a little more competition. By no means am I making excuses, FADI kicked my ***. However I did get him twice, and I did have top speed run of the night 185 MPH !!!
Old 06-21-2006, 07:32 AM
11 Second Club

Damn!! Sounds like the new z06 is a fuggin beast.... Can't wait to see the Vid
Old 06-21-2006, 07:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

seeing those 2 cars go at it should be fun!
Old 06-21-2006, 08:08 AM
TECH Addict

Sounds like a great runs & i can't wait for vid either

peace
Old 06-21-2006, 08:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Sounds like its time for a TURBO on that C5
Old 06-21-2006, 08:36 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
We did a 55 mph roll (I know rolling aint racing) I was in second and I edged him by a bumper or so. The only time I can actually get him would be at 100 in 4th gear where our tq numbers are closer and I can pull to the top as well or better then he can.
Yoo Doug, good races man, I had fun. Although, I am not so sure the above is very accurate.

But, I think I will let the vids do the talking, hehe. Later on buddy.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 300bhp/ton
Sounds like its time for a TURBO on that C5

Same thing I was thinking.....dammit.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Hey Fadi I would say thats quite accurate considering your serious weight advantage, and being on the inside of the turns on all of your pull aways. Although he destroyed me on the straights as well. The rematch should be a lot better, now that I got my nerves out of the way. No more missed shifts, and got a little insight as to what it is going to take to beat him. I would say a miracle and lots of praying on Saturday for a win on Sunday. Don't get mad Fadi, you know you got me by the *****. Your car is insane. Lets take care of the variables and see how much closer the cars really are with comparable weight. An FYI to all C5 guys doing H/C, go with the 90/90 intake and T/B. You are going to need it against these new ZO6. LOL. Fadi, you the man.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

cool races. i always wanted to know how a mean H/C vette would stack against the new z06. i cant wait to see the vid. i bet gears would help you out.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:33 AM
Banned

Hey Fadi I would say thats quite accurate considering your serious weight advantage, and being on the inside of the turns on all of your pull aways. Although he destroyed me on the straights as well. The rematch should be a lot better, now that I got my nerves out of the way. No more missed shifts, and got a little insight as to what it is going to take to beat him. I would say a miracle and lots of praying on Saturday for a win on Sunday. Don't get mad Fadi, you know you got me by the *****. Your car is insane. Lets take care of the variables and see how much closer the cars really are with comparable weight. An FYI to all C5 guys doing H/C, go with the 90/90 intake and T/B. You are going to need it against these new ZO6. LOL. Fadi, you the man.

really all we need is a 427 and ETP LS7 heads...........
or
a cam and procharger, that'll get the job done.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:34 AM
Staging Lane

Mod the Z06.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:34 AM
Banned

which sweet spot did you go from on the 2 runs that you beat him?
Old 06-21-2006, 11:35 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by c5_ls1_6spd
really all we need is a 427 and ETP LS7 heads...........
or
a cam and procharger, that'll get the job done.

Or you could just put the LS1 in a RX-7. That'll fix it.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:42 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LSINA7
Mod the Z06.

Agrred!
Old 06-21-2006, 11:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Very good races. The ZO6 is the absolute KING of the Street. Viper who? As posted on the rematch thread, Fadi and I are going to attempt to balance out the variables and run again. My prediction will be " I will do better, but Fadi still owns me, due to the 427 and all that damn torque that comes on earlier then mine does. "
I bet on a Dynojet he puts down 490 rwhp. 454 rwhp on a Mustang Dyno Holy **** !
If I don't win with more parity, then the only option would be to add weight, but not going there, I will just give in and take a place in line behind Fadi. Pretty strong "stock" c6 zo6::::::::: ::::::::: :::::: :: TRACTION LOL!
Old 06-21-2006, 11:44 AM
Banned

You know, for a cop you'd think that you'd have the brains not to post up on an Internet forum that you went 185 mph on a public street.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like some nice action Doug I think Dennis's car would far pretty well against that ZO6 as well you guys should give him a call. Now we need video asap.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:00 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The ZO6 is the absolute KING of the Street.
Hold on a second. Let's not get carried away now.

Nice runs guys. Be sure to post up the vids.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by XakEp
You know, for a cop you'd think that you'd have the brains not to post up on an Internet forum that you went 185 mph on a public street.
Just for the record, I got out of law enforcement and now sell LG Motorsports performance parts. LOL. Theres always one downer at every party. Who invited XakEp? To quote Stiffler from American Pie, "Eat **** Finch ******."
Old 06-21-2006, 12:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just for the record, I got out of law enforcement and now sell LG Motorsports performance parts. LOL. Theres always one downer at every party. Who invited XakEp? To quote Stiffler from American Pie, "Eat **** Finch ******."
so in a little less than 2 weeks, you worked for two weeks and started another job?