LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Wut happened to my fans?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 10:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wut happened to my fans?

Ok, I have a 93' LT A4 and i'm to rigging everything i can and i came up with a bright idea to make my own fan switch with just a toggle switch and wires. So, i cut the two wires (Blue and Brown) cuming outta the first fan and tried my rig job and it didnt work. so i thought o well no big deal just reconnect the wires the way they were and i'll b good to go, WRONG. I reconnected them and now my fans dont turn on at all and the temp redlining bout 260. If anybody kno's how i can fix this please any input. THNX, Nate.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:00 PM
Staging Lane

did u check the fuses? I cant think of anything else that would happen just by cutting the wires. Just a guess though.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

if you cut the wires while the battery was still connected you possibly could have blown fuse or jacked a relay, like he said I would check both those and if it doesnt work good luck, I hate electrical problems
Old 06-22-2006, 11:20 AM
Staging Lane

You'll have to put a toggle hot wire on the relay switch to turn the fans on. Find out which wire turns the the fan on through the relay, (should be a green or blue wire) and put your toggle hot wire in its spot. If you have any other questions ask
Old 06-22-2006, 07:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 383ysi
You'll have to put a toggle hot wire on the relay switch to turn the fans on. Find out which wire turns the the fan on through the relay, (should be a green or blue wire) and put your toggle hot wire in its spot. If you have any other questions ask
Do not run a hot wire to these wires. The computer turns on the relays by grounding these wires. You can turn the fans on by splicing into the wires and running thru a switch to ground. When the switch is off the computer goes back to controlling the fans.

Quick Reply: Wut happened to my fans?