Green Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 11:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Green Mustang

The State Trooper that lives down the street from me has a Green Mustang with Bullet on the back in crome. I hear it is a very fast car and I want to race him. anyone know the car of which I am talking?
Old 06-21-2006, 11:36 PM
Launching!

you will annihilate him. A bullitt mustang is just a GT with no wing. (I don't remember the specifics besides that, but it really is pretty much a GT)

Last edited by Chadder; 06-22-2006 at 12:57 PM.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah, all they got were some brakes, suspension, sub frames (from the verts), and an appearance package. still makes 265hp. easy win unless he's modded.

Josh
Old 06-21-2006, 11:45 PM
12 Second Club

I mean, why would you want to race a cop? That just doesnt sound right..
Old 06-21-2006, 11:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1LUNATIC
I mean, why would you want to race a cop? That just doesnt sound right..
Im sure they would race at the track. There plenty of cops out there who enjoy racing.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

If you race him, make sure you win by a lot..... just in case he throws a red and blue light up on the dash
Old 06-22-2006, 12:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MESS
If you race him, make sure you win by a lot..... just in case he throws a red and blue light up on the dash
HA HA YEAH floor it.....
Old 06-22-2006, 01:33 AM
On The Tree

It's called a Bullit*.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The bullit's had different intakes.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:25 AM
On The Tree

I know him from some calls we have been on together but I dont know well enough to ask to street race yet A friend on the FD was telling me he would kick my *** and he knows his chit so its probably moded bigtime.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:28 PM
Staging Lane

Why don't you go over here to find out everything about the car - www.imboc.com - And if you could point him in that direction also because I don't think I recall any State Troopers registered.

This is a list of quarter mile NA runs. I am a little surprised at the 12s.
http://2rdrilling.com/bullitt/quartermileNA.htm

My dad and I took my wife's Bullitt and my formula to the 1/4 track once. He had never driven the car other then the 3 hours to get to the track. He had not driven a stick in 5-10 years. The track was not prepped and it was very cold. In my car I have ran a 13.6. Now just an FYI my dad is 60 and in his day had a few drag cars and did his share of drag racing so its not like it was his first time but his last ticket was 30 some years ago when he stopped driving fast. He launched that car like he hadn't skipped a beat. He had what is it .5 reaction times me on the other I am very slow but we crossed the finish line at 14.02 almost all day long. My problem was traction I think I sat and spun my tires everytime for a good ten minutes on every launch I had the faster speed at 101 with the bullitt at 99. Bu I figure if the track was good and the day was better my dad who has never driven the car would have taken it into the 13s so whos to say what some one that drives it everyday and nows it could do.

The car has a cast aluminum intake manifold and twin 57mm-bore throttle body, Larger alternator and water pullies, exhaust was changed, Cobra brakes, # Cobra Front Stabilizer Bar, Cobra Clutch, Lowered suspension, Sub frames (if you want to call them that) A different Tune then GTs. The seats are cobra seats but covered in a retro style along with many other differences then a GT. And then you have what people love to say that all the bullitt was was an appearance package.

1998 Formula
2001 Mustang Bullitt
Old 06-22-2006, 04:53 PM
Staging Lane

Ok I think I found him and I think you should go talk to him because you would have a hell of a race on your hands
Old 06-22-2006, 09:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by greggvh
Ok I think I found him and I think you should go talk to him because you would have a hell of a race on your hands
more information please where did you find him?
Old 06-23-2006, 10:09 PM
Staging Lane

dps_ls1 I am not 100% sure its him but how many bullitts can be in San Marcos

The car is modded but it is still NA. Before any mods he ran a 13.5 I could not find anything about what it is running now. As for street racing I am not sure if he does that. I do know he takes the car to the dragstrip. Other then that I would rather you stop and talk to him. From what I gather if you saw him out with his car and stopped to talk to him you guys would hit it off. Agian thats if its this car remember. Hell tell him a fellow bullitt head told you to stop by. I dont think we have meet but we may have if he went to the Bullitt Nationls 2 years ago.

PS if I am wrong and hes not a member of IMBOC please ask him to go check it out.

And I will tell you I have chased down a lot of Bullitts to get them registerd and have not meet a bad one yet. One or two that didnt really care what the car was but the rest of the times it turned into half hour or longer conversations and sometimes I was in the bullitt sometime in the formula and sometimes I was in the mini van.

JUST GO SAY HI!