Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Any body catch "Pinks" last night? Import VS Domestic

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 11:10 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any body catch "Pinks" last night? Import VS Domestic

Not sure if this is the right forum or not, sorry. But, did anyone catch last nights episode of "Pinks", I believe it was a new one because I've never seen that one and I try to watch every Wednsday night. It was great. A turboed Honda versus a very pissed off LT1 T/A. It went all 5 races, but at one time the Honda was given like 15 lengths and the T/A had to go with no bottle. It was some good stuff. And of course the T/A walked away with both cars. Gee, what a great prize, a ricer.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:26 AM
Teching In

that was a re-run. I have them all in WMV format (about 270 megs). Anyone got an FTP site they want em loaded on? I love that friggin show!
Old 06-22-2006, 11:35 AM
TECH Resident

My bad. I didn't realize it was a rerun. Still probably one of the best episodes ever. The part were one of the Honda kids says "dang that things got some power up top" i just started laughing my *** off. I was like no ****, that usualy happens when you have 8 cylinders. what were those kids thinking.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:41 AM
Teching In

Before you bash the import guys (they were tools) realize that alot of stuf goes on before the races. One thing is they agree on how fast a car they will bring. For example. There was one epsiode where they ran an 89 LX mustang with a Chevy small block Vs. a civic with a H22 and NOS. They agreed to bring a 13 second car.

The CIVIC was a high 12 second car, the mustang was making 450 on motor and had a 200 shot. It was a 10 second car.

So the Civic had to ask for like 10 cars all the time. Of course the domestic guys where bashing them and being real dicks. But they didnt stick to the deal and bring a 13 second car.

I am not an import fan, but with a nice turbo the CIVIC could have run a 10, but they didnt agree to bring that kind of car.

What about the epsode with the Chevy Astro van!!! That was awsome!
Old 06-22-2006, 11:46 AM
Staging Lane

Here we go, 8 cyl. owns 4 no matter. Seriously, learn something.

BTW, If this was CAM's car vs. the kid's red civic, they knew what was going to happen before the race. A 9-10 second Drag T/A and a street tire 12 second Civic. Great race!
Old 06-22-2006, 11:47 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by CTSVSL65AMG
that was a re-run. I have them all in WMV format (about 270 megs). Anyone got an FTP site they want em loaded on? I love that friggin show!
Do you have a site I can watch them from here at work?
Old 06-22-2006, 11:48 AM
Staging Lane

Before you bash the import guys (they were tools) realize that alot of stuf goes on before the races. One thing is they agree on how fast a car they will bring. For example. There was one epsiode where they ran an 89 LX mustang with a Chevy small block Vs. a civic with a H22 and NOS. They agreed to bring a 13 second car.

The CIVIC was a high 12 second car, the mustang was making 450 on motor and had a 200 shot. It was a 10 second car.

So the Civic had to ask for like 10 cars all the time. Of course the domestic guys where bashing them and being real dicks. But they didnt stick to the deal and bring a 13 second car.

I am not an import fan, but with a nice turbo the CIVIC could have run a 10, but they didnt agree to bring that kind of car.

What about the epsode with the Chevy Astro van!!! That was awsome!
Very true. They are supposed to agree on a time frame, and rarely ever do they. You guys see the bug and CRX one? The guys brought the CRX they were supposed too, and the bug was way too fast. Then they did it again and brought the CRX back and it was just as fast.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Google Video.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:57 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by PERFECT Z28
Do you have a site I can watch them from here at work?

Naw, but if someone wants to host I can load em up.

Dave
Old 06-22-2006, 11:58 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LSINA7
Very true. They are supposed to agree on a time frame, and rarely ever do they. You guys see the bug and CRX one? The guys brought the CRX they were supposed too, and the bug was way too fast. Then they did it again and brought the CRX back and it was just as fast.

Yea, and the bug kinda got his due to....slammed into that wall HARD!
Old 06-22-2006, 11:58 AM
12 Second Club

I was at that episode at MIR. Me and some friends went up to watch them film 3 episodes.

The Honda was making some power, as I remember it was trapping around 120ish. Just like any FWD car though it's not gonna run down a 10 sec RWD car set up to drag. The TA was playing them the whole time, broke tranny and all, lol.

The better episode was the two Foxbodies we got to see right after. The one where the hatch blows the scoop off his hood due to a nitrous backfire. Those were some quick rides and that was some good racing.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:09 PM
Staging Lane

Yea, and the bug kinda got his due to....slammed into that wall HARD!
That was crazy...
Old 06-22-2006, 12:53 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by COMNBYU

The better episode was the two Foxbodies we got to see right after. The one where the hatch blows the scoop off his hood due to a nitrous backfire. Those were some quick rides and that was some good racing.
i agree. That was probably my favorite episode (and not a GM part in sight).
The guy that blew his scoop off got what he deserved in the end after he took the chicken **** win because the other stang overfilled his fuel tank.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:20 PM
Launching!

A friend of mine has been featured quite prominently on that show a couple of times (fast LT1 camaro, Nova, etc). He said there is a TON that happens behind the scenes. They cut and past 30 minutes of a 7-8hour show.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:40 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by pakisho
A friend of mine has been featured quite prominently on that show a couple of times (fast LT1 camaro, Nova, etc). He said there is a TON that happens behind the scenes. They cut and past 30 minutes of a 7-8hour show.

After having been there to watch film a few episodes I'd say that's about right. They had already started when we got there at 9am that morning and we left about 12am that night/next morning.

There is a lot that happens behind the scenes, lol. By the 3rd episode (the 2 Stangs) that night everyone, and I mean everyone was down at the tree. Nobody was in the stands. There was mass **** talking and betting, almost like a real streetrace, except with camera's I was actually down at the tree helping one of the guys try and find a wrench to change out the driveshaft that the one Mustang broke.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by COMNBYU
After having been there to watch film a few episodes I'd say that's about right. They had already started when we got there at 9am that morning and we left about 12am that night/next morning.

There is a lot that happens behind the scenes, lol. By the 3rd episode (the 2 Stangs) that night everyone, and I mean everyone was down at the tree. Nobody was in the stands. There was mass **** talking and betting, almost like a real streetrace, except with camera's I was actually down at the tree helping one of the guys try and find a wrench to change out the driveshaft that the one Mustang broke.

Oh, was that the one where someone form the crowd donated the drive shaft off the car the drove there?

That was awsome.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:06 PM
TECH Regular

I like the episode where the RX7 was racing the civic, basically bogging his launches until the last race and he holeshoots the civic. Caught the civic before he could leave 1st gear...
Old 06-22-2006, 02:29 PM
12 Second Club

Oh, was that the one where someone form the crowd donated the drive shaft off the car the drove there?

That was awsome.

Yea that was the episode. He borrowed the shaft from a stock 5.0 that some guy just let him borrow. They used it, swapped back to the stock Stang, and the guy drove.

Wish GM made driveshafts like that...
Old 06-22-2006, 02:30 PM
Launching!

When and What channel does this show come out at?
Old 06-22-2006, 04:21 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2 FASST SS
I like the episode where the RX7 was racing the civic, basically bogging his launches until the last race and he holeshoots the civic. Caught the civic before he could leave 1st gear...

That RX-7 is pretty crazy. He ran that Civic at only 11.7 lbs. of boost. It could run 30+! That turbo is the size of my head...