Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how hard

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 08:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how hard

hey guys how hard is it to do head gasket replacements on a stock ls1 motor, with my modifications. is there a better head gasket i can use then stock for my applications as well? i wanna replace them im starting to get a slow leak i think, and i wanna take care of it now before it becomes a bigger problem and is irreversible and have more issues. how hard is the maintenance and about how long should it take? can someone send me information on how to replace and the easiest route and the correct route and specs to follow. if anyone has any ideas on better quality head gaskets to use it would be much appreciated, and where to purchase them.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

How do you know it is leaking? Have you noticed it in your oil (aka milk shake look becuase coolant and oil dont mix)

You will have to remove the headers, in your case for the turbo, you will have to get them out of the engine bay so you have room to get the head out of the car.

I think with yourset up it would be a little more indepth than a normal NA car, but far from impossible. I would set out a weekend to get it done right (taking your time)

If you are going to the hassle of pulling the heads, consider buying new heads?

Read up on this to get a general idea of what is required....

http://ls1howto.com/index.php?article=2
Old 06-22-2006, 09:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Use GM MLS gaskets, do you have ARP head studs?