Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Corvette on trailer?? tie down??

Old 06-23-2006, 01:04 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Corvette on trailer?? tie down??

where do you guys put the front straps when trailering your C5?...
looks secure enough to put through those square bars infront of the valance (you know the one that allways hits the curb..), but I would like to hear from people that accually trailer there cars, thanks
Old 06-23-2006, 08:11 AM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

We use the axle straps from Jegs.

One set on the front bars you are referring to, and the back set goes through the rear control arms. We cross the straps, and we put them outside the control arm links otherwise they tend to get into the control arm bushing and ruin the straps.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:36 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Axle straps around the front k memeber and tighten them down. I have also seen people use the axle straps and put them throught the holes in the rims and then pull the tight...
Old 06-23-2006, 10:25 AM
TECH Addict

Great replies!
I was wondering myself.

Thanks for the info

Beer
Old 06-23-2006, 12:08 PM
On The Tree

how do you guys get it on a trailer without dragging the front clip off. im going to get a trailer this week so curious of what works. good thread
Old 06-23-2006, 02:50 PM
TECH Addict

I had to make extended ramps, I also keept searching and found people use the holes in the frame @ the jacking points, guess I have a few options, I'll see what points I have to strap to on the trailer...
Old 06-24-2006, 05:04 AM
TECH Addict

got everything loaded up, used the front frame holes between the fender and door and used a rear frame hole above where the stock mufflers would be, the rear frame holes before the back tires couldnt fit my hooks and I didnt want to strap to the lower controll arms... btw, I made a custom exhaust sorta like a loudmouth but w/12" glasspacks instead of straight pipes, that mod makes it very easy to strap to the frame now and is lighter than any titanium muffler system out there..
Old 06-24-2006, 09:40 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by hennesseycpl
how do you guys get it on a trailer without dragging the front clip off. im going to get a trailer this week so curious of what works. good thread

You can do the extended ramps. Or get a trailor with a dove tail. Or what I do is I got a trailor with a 2 ft dove tail, then with the trailor hooked to the truck, I actually will crank the jack on the trailor to lift the front of the trailor higher in the ground to make the ramps and the dove tail not so steep. With the lowered Zo6, it was no sweat pulling the car up onto a the trailor with a winch.....
Old 06-24-2006, 01:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by linn.35
You can do the extended ramps. Or get a trailor with a dove tail. Or what I do is I got a trailor with a 2 ft dove tail, then with the trailor hooked to the truck, I actually will crank the jack on the trailor to lift the front of the trailor higher in the ground to make the ramps and the dove tail not so steep. With the lowered Zo6, it was no sweat pulling the car up onto a the trailor with a winch.....
good tips now all i have to do is find a decent priced trailer
Old 06-24-2006, 04:43 PM
TECH Addict

I'm using a dovetail but the ramps that come w/it would scrape w/out wood in them, so I just made some long ones, I still scrape the front valance but not too bad, you can get a used big tex style but you will have to mod the left fender to come off so you can open the door like I had to do...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Corvette on trailer?? tie down??