Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

o boy wrx!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 04:15 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default o boy wrx!!!!

So i have been building my car a lil over two years now. All of a sudden one of my good friends buys a stock wrx with exhaust. He orders like 7 g's in parts and says he only wants to run like 350 awhp max right...... or so i thought? . well a few people have been comming up to me and asking if i know what he is building i say yea all the bolt ons,fuel system and all those piggyback greddy things. ok to get to the point i found out he is going all out looking for 450awhp with this big *** turbo, and just this mourning he askes me to run him at test and tune? he said as quoted" i am not looking to compete with you" and i brought that up and he said yea i dont want to compete i want to dominate you........... for CASH... what so me with my big head and my feelings kinda hurt said start stackin up for next wed but now i am second guessing myself and need some pointers never raced an awd at the track he is about 455awhp in the mile high city and i am about 490 with out the 75 shot of juice. should I shoot off the line? should i even spay? what am i looking to get my self into? what are there stock blocks max hp, keep in mind this is wrx impreza not sti. help me beat this guy, cause if i lose i will hear this for the rest of my life!
Old 06-23-2006, 07:02 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ws6charged
So i have been building my car a lil over two years now. All of a sudden one of my good friends buys a stock wrx with exhaust. He orders like 7 g's in parts and says he only wants to run like 350 awhp max right...... or so i thought? . well a few people have been comming up to me and asking if i know what he is building i say yea all the bolt ons,fuel system and all those piggyback greddy things. ok to get to the point i found out he is going all out looking for 450awhp with this big *** turbo, and just this mourning he askes me to run him at test and tune? he said as quoted" i am not looking to compete with you" and i brought that up and he said yea i dont want to compete i want to dominate you........... for CASH... what so me with my big head and my feelings kinda hurt said start stackin up for next wed but now i am second guessing myself and need some pointers never raced an awd at the track he is about 455awhp in the mile high city and i am about 490 with out the 75 shot of juice. should I shoot off the line? should i even spay? what am i looking to get my self into? what are there stock blocks max hp, keep in mind this is wrx impreza not sti. help me beat this guy, cause if i lose i will hear this for the rest of my life!
edit: I see you have a charger, lol spray the 75 shot and you will slaughter him. Assuming you have DRs. 490hp without the juice is impressive but I see you have a charger. I would spray for insurance. Those are pretty light cars. I see you have a 9" rear. Yeap, I would spray out of the whole. I bet you beat him by 5 cars. edit: what does that thing put down on the juice, i bet its close to 625hp.

Last edited by wickedwarlock; 06-23-2006 at 07:09 AM.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:12 AM
Teching In

HAHA you will hand him his ***!!! Let us know!
Old 06-23-2006, 11:01 AM
12 Second Club

Sounds like your friend is about to get owned in front of everyone... I agree with everyone else. It will be a close race, but I think you should take him in the end. Good luck!

Jeremy
Old 06-23-2006, 12:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Do you not know the about mods that are on your car or something??

A procharged/sprayed LS1 with a fully built drivetrain will murder the ricer no doubt as long as you run a drag radial.

Why the **** would you even worry?
Old 06-23-2006, 12:02 PM
Banned

the NA 490 would be enough to own him..... his (WRX) strong point is going to be coming out the blocks hard then after 100mph, that AWD configuration is going to suck away is hp like a leech, and then you'll fly past him and cross the 1/4 mi beams about 2 cars ahead.......... if you want to play catch up faster, just spray the 75 shot...
Old 06-23-2006, 12:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by c5_ls1_6spd
the NA 490 would be enough to own him..... his (WRX) strong point is going to be coming out the blocks hard then after 100mph, that AWD configuration is going to suck away is hp like a leech, and then you'll fly past him and cross the 1/4 mi beams about 2 cars ahead.......... if you want to play catch up faster, just spray the 75 shot...
**** the dudes got a fully built drivetrain, he can come out of the hole harder then the WRX if he knows how to launch. If he can take him out in the 60Ft he will destroy the WRX.

Make sure to spray no matter what happens because if you dont and you only win by 2 cars, the ricer will still talk **** about how it was close. Be sure to rub it in by spraying.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by brad8266
**** the dudes got a fully built drivetrain, he can come out of the hole harder then the WRX if he knows how to launch. If he can take him out in the 60Ft he will destroy the WRX.

Make sure to spray no matter what happens because if you dont and you only win by 2 cars, the ricer will still talk **** about how it was close. Be sure to rub it in by spraying.

oh ok, i didn't know that.....i just saw that he had a 9 bolt rear and figured it was stock.......
Old 06-23-2006, 12:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by c5_ls1_6spd
oh ok, i didn't know that.....i just saw that he had a 9 bolt rear and figured it was stock.......
Big difference between 9 bolt and 9 inch rears.

Oh, and you will slaughter him. They really do run out of breath up top.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:01 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

haha race him from a roll and beat him by buses. i despise the STi crowd. ugly little ***** that sound even worse - but that's a personal preference. i don't like the STi crowd because the majority of them are cocky since they have one of the only japtraps that can actually run.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GuitsBoy
Big difference between 9 bolt and 9 inch rears.

Oh, and you will slaughter him. They really do run out of breath up top.

thanks for clearing that up for me, i dont know much about live axles...
Old 06-23-2006, 01:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ws6charged
Nice car man! Go murder his *** and let us know what happen. BTW. since he just got the car,. he may not know how to drive it yet. depending on his experience of course.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:31 PM
Staging Lane

yea it is his first awd, and i just got done last week with the rearend and built tranny combo, have not even spayed yet through this motor. so ima be launching above 4 grand for sure! how are those cars low end? how much do tose lil cars weigh the have to be kinda heavy awd right? only thing i really wanna do before we run is get some headers im on stock ones right now and they are choking the car a lil bit.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:54 PM
Tech Resident

you're running a procharger, a 75 shot, a built rear/tranny and running stock manifolds? with headers and a tune you'll pick up 40-50hp! get some NOWWWWWW!
Old 06-23-2006, 02:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

He doesnt need that **** for the WRX, hes got 490HP without the spray. hell kill that car without the headers. That built drivetrain is what is really gonna allow you to slaughter him. If you can launch the car he wont even get in front of you at all. Take him off the line and just put more cars between you and him all the way down the track. I would put up mad $$$ if i were you since its pretty much a sure win.
Old 06-23-2006, 02:04 PM
Teching In

I think it would be funnier if you get a bigger jet for the nitrous. some where around a 125 to 150 shot should do him in real well. be sure that he dont know about it tho.
Old 06-23-2006, 02:11 PM
Staging Lane

so reason being why i am on stock headers is i have been changing up my exhaust or going cutouts not sure?
Old 06-23-2006, 02:18 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Something about the WRX's setup that doesn't add up.
Old 06-23-2006, 02:23 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
haha race him from a roll and beat him by buses. i despise the STi crowd. ugly little ***** that sound even worse - but that's a personal preference. i don't like the STi crowd because the majority of them are cocky since they have one of the only japtraps that can actually run.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
TOOLBOX