Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

PCM location? 2002 vette

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 06:35 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PCM location? 2002 vette

I am going to have to remove my pcm to send to my tuner. I am uprading my fuel injectors. Help finding it before I get started. From what I found so far is the body control computer is under the passenger floor cover against the firewall? Now my question is where is the PCM? Thanks need to overnight would appreciate any help.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the BCM should be on the frame not the firewall.., the PCM is right next to it, under the batt., take the lower inner fender access pannel out and it will be clear as day...

btw, depending where you are it would be much wiser to have the car dyno tuned w/the new injectors, those mail order tunes are a waist of time and $$, a dyno tune will be spot on, ask around your local area...
Old 06-23-2006, 06:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mikep2002
I am going to have to remove my pcm to send to my tuner. I am uprading my fuel injectors. Help finding it before I get started. From what I found so far is the body control computer is under the passenger floor cover against the firewall? Now my question is where is the PCM? Thanks need to overnight would appreciate any help.

Ah....I belive if you look inside the passenger side wheel well....underneath the skin(or inner fender).

You'll need 7mm socket/ratchet setup. And....it might be easier to remove your passenger front wheel to make it easier.

Watch your eyes..as your gonna be underneath the car, looking up. It may drop some debree onto you. There will be a smaller tac module bolted on top of it...

Why not a DYNO tune bro? Much better idea.

Old 06-23-2006, 06:47 AM
9 Second Club

I guess I have to remove the front wheel then?
Old 06-23-2006, 06:49 AM
9 Second Club

I have to have the computer program changed so I can drive to the dyno tuner. He is giving me just a quick fix to get it there. Last dyno I almost ran out of injector so I really needed this upgrade done thanks. I am going to be removing the wheel thanks for the help guys I should be good now.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mikep2002
I have to have the computer program changed so I can drive to the dyno tuner. He is giving me just a quick fix to get it there. Last dyno I almost ran out of injector so I really needed this upgrade done thanks. I am going to be removing the wheel thanks for the help guys I should be good now.

Cool.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:41 AM
9 Second Club

Thanks for your help guys this is turning out to be a bitch!!!!!!! Damm back bolt on PCM bracket giving me a hard time to get to.

Quick Reply: PCM location? 2002 vette