Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation video: sport bike slams into parked car

to top it off, the guy is deaf too...

ouch...
Old 06-23-2006, 03:53 PM
Teching In

so let me get this straight..... he notices a parked car on the side of the road, deciedes to apply the brakes really hard as his front wheel touches down, causing him to lose control and slam into said parked car?...
Old 06-23-2006, 03:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's possible to acquire a license to operate a motor vehicle while being deaf?
Old 06-23-2006, 04:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep both my cousins are deaf and they drive. One of them has a mustang!
Old 06-23-2006, 04:16 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Vendetta
Yeah, hes not blind
Old 06-23-2006, 04:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jumpinjoe
so let me get this straight..... he notices a parked car on the side of the road, deciedes to apply the brakes really hard as his front wheel touches down, causing him to lose control and slam into said parked car?...
He never hit the brakes. It is called a tank slapper. You know where the front wheel lands off balanced or of center. causing the front end to shake. He never once hit the brakes. If he hit the brakes the bike would go into an "Endo." If you look the front wheel hits the ground at an angle causing the tank slapper.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Threesixes
Yeah, hes not blind
I guess not, but you're a douche
Old 06-23-2006, 05:31 PM
11 Second Club

Wow, touchy, touchy. Im sorry if I found some humor in your post. I mean we have all kinds of handicapped people driving. People in wheel chairs, amputees, etc. I just didnt see any reason why deaf people shouldnt be able to drive. I promise I'll never laugh at you again.
Old 06-24-2006, 12:17 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, I'm just glad the guy is okay... he look tore back in the video... He gets slapped around like a rag doll, lifeless as hell.
Old 06-24-2006, 01:13 AM
TECH Junkie

I just didnt see any reason why deaf people shouldnt be able to drive.
Trains, sirens, car horns, tires squealing...all things that are good to be able to hear while driving.

-Mike
Old 06-24-2006, 01:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

what about people who cant read?
Old 06-24-2006, 04:33 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
Trains, sirens, car horns, tires squealing...all things that are good to be able to hear while driving.

-Mike
True, but if it was absolutely necessary to hear those things then I would imagine car stereos would be illegal. A deaf person is sure to be much a much better driver than all these people talking on their cell phones.
Old 06-24-2006, 09:01 AM
Board Certified Idiot

Its Odvious He needs a Better "Stearing Damper" or for that matter Have one
Old 06-24-2006, 09:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Vendetta
I guess not, but you're a douche
What part of you asking a dumb question makes him a douche?
Old 06-24-2006, 09:22 AM
IMJ
TECH Enthusiast

he should have just rode the wheelie out passed the car.... i went down like that once too. but i didnt hit a car thank god.
Old 06-24-2006, 12:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Wow, touchy, touchy. Im sorry if I found some humor in your post. I mean we have all kinds of handicapped people driving. People in wheel chairs, amputees, etc. I just didnt see any reason why deaf people shouldnt be able to drive. I promise I'll never laugh at you again.
Originally Posted by chupr0kabra

-Mike
That's what I was thinking...

True, but if it was absolutely necessary to hear those things then I would imagine car stereos would be illegal. A deaf person is sure to be much a much better driver than all these people talking on their cell phones.
I rock my stereo pretty damned loud and I can always hear trains/sirens/car horns.

Originally Posted by SPANKY LS1
What part of you asking a dumb question makes him a douche?
My question had nothing to do with it, it was the answer and the laugh that I got. I've never known nor met a deaf person, so obviously I wouldn't know. How is that a stupid question? Jesus H. Christ, I'm sorry I'm not the dean of Clarke's over here.
Old 06-24-2006, 01:51 PM
11 Second Club

You guys that think deaf people shouldnt drive are welcome to start a political campaign to take away their licenses, but I dont think youll get very far. I work in construction, have minor hearing loss, and sometimes can not hear sirens above my car stereo. (I can see the big colorful flashing lights, though)
When I made the joke it was meant lightheartedly and wasnt taken that way. Not everyone has the same sense of humor, and its hard to spot the more "sensitive" types in an online forum than in real life. my mistake, I apologize for any hurt feelings, but I'm not going to sit here and argue about why deaf people shouldnt have drivers licenses. To me its a no brainer. Id rather be trying to figure out how to get my POS car to launch like it should.

Last edited by Threesixes; 06-24-2006 at 05:19 PM.
Old 06-24-2006, 03:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

You guys that think deaf shouldnt drive are welcome to start a political campaign to take away their licenses, but I dont think youll get very far. I work in construction, have minor hearing loss, and sometimes can not hear sirens above my car stereo. (I can see the big colorful flashing lights, though)
When I made the joke it was meant lightheartedly and wasnt taken that way. Not everyone has the same sense of humor, and its hard to spot the more "sensitive" types in an online forum than in real life. my mistake, I apologize for any hurt feelings, but I'm not going to sit here and argue about why deaf people shouldnt have drivers licenses. To me its a no brainer. Id rather be trying to figure out how to get my POS car to launch like it should.
Are you retarded? When did I say anything against deaf people having licenses? I wasn't aware whether they were issues licenses or not, so I asked. Reading comprehension is your friend. FWIW I never took much offense to your post. Just a little jab and a jab back.
Old 06-24-2006, 04:34 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

Thats a shame. He seems like a great guy. Luckly he was wearing his **** and nothing tooo bad happend. Its awsome that he was born with that dissability and hes out there, nice house, prolly a good job, nice bike, and the brains to know to wear his gear...
Old 06-24-2006, 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

wow guys lets chill lol, I love you both, there. Im in a wheelchair and I drive my beast fine its the tires that dont work with me all the time. Deaf people as long as they can see things around them then why not, as far as trains, we have lights and big *** peaces of wood that come down in front of you, if someones tires are squealing, its not the deaf guys fault, and if someone is going to hit him there is nothing he can do about it, nor people that can hear, what makes the difference if you can hear someone getting rdy to hit you or not lol, as long as your seat belt is on all you can do is hold on. I dont know anyways nuff said.