Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Specs and Dimensions for BBC motor Plate in a 4th Gen...!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 12:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Specs and Dimensions for BBC motor Plate in a 4th Gen...!

Im gonna cut one out of 304 stainless at work on the water jet for my car, but i need to know the right specs and dimensions for it. I dont really want to go throug the hassle of ordering one and then returning it. Let me know what you guys got.

thanks,
-john
Old 06-24-2006, 07:36 AM
TECH Resident

unless someone hands you a blue print it will cost you more in time to just wing it with someones measurements then it would to buy a motorplate..lol.. and why would you make it out of stainless? its 100 bucks for a big block motor plate in aluminum.... bolt it to the engine, mark off the excess that can be cut off, remove it from the engine, cut off the excess, check its fitment in the frame rails of the car and trim any excess that might need to be trimmed for clearance there and your done....

if your still set on doing it in stainless then I would say your only option is to buy an aluminum one for mock up and to check all the dimensions anyway and then return it..

have fun.
jay
Old 06-26-2006, 09:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well first off the materials free and my buddy gets pretty bored at work cutting out the same stuff day in and day out so he was up for a little change. Plus I figured that with the magic of the internet lol that the information could be found somewhere. so any info is appreciated.

thanks,
-john
Old 06-27-2006, 06:05 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Stainless will be heavy. I already have the BBC plates in stock and cut for a 4th gen.

225-343-9029
Old 06-27-2006, 09:32 AM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Must be a showcar, Stainless would need lots of windowing to cut the weight out. It would be the blingiest plate around though.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DERTY
Must be a showcar, Stainless would need lots of windowing to cut the weight out. It would be the blingiest plate around though.

Its far from a show car by any means lol. just a clean street strip car. Again the only reason for going stainless is because its free Plus i like being different than other people. How much heavier are we talking compared to the Aluminum? Being blingy is good to a point

Madman dont get me wrong If i wasnt so stubborn about trying to build my own motor plate I would have yours orderd by now with a mid plate to boot lol.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ttt

-john

Quick Reply: Need Specs and Dimensions for BBC motor Plate in a 4th Gen...!