Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

No one wants to race

Old 06-24-2006, 02:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No one wants to race

Me and my buddy were crusing U.S. 31 last night looking for some races. 31 was packed as usual which put a damper on racing due to all the traffic. finally i saw a mustang coming up and he reved as he past me. my luck it was a cobra. we talked to him a bit and he was pretty cool and i told him let just go for ***** and giggles but he just "babys" his car. it was a dagger to me but i wasnt going to try and force him to race even though i would have had my *** handed to me. i figured that the next mustang i came up to would be down but he didnt want to race either. i was starting to get depressed.

just as we were about to head out a civic pulls up next to me staring a hole through my car just reving his engine. there are some pretty quick imports around me, but seeing this guy had a primered car with green and purple lights all over it, not to mention it sounded like ****, he had nothing. i wasnt going to waste my gas until he launched off the light. i let him get to 2nd before i punched it. we all can figure out the end of that story. i guess he was done for the night after that becuase he turned off a few lights later.

i know this technically shouldnt count as a kill or anything but the guy was asking for it. theres definately going to be cars out tonight so maybe i will be able to redeem myself with a gt or something.
Old 06-24-2006, 04:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i know how you feel its hard for me to find a race where i live to..real hard
Old 06-24-2006, 04:29 PM
TECH Regular

I feel your pain.
Old 06-24-2006, 06:07 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by aaron653
if i want to race anybody i have to go to a bigger town about 40 miles away..because i have the fastest street car in my town

'98 TA A4
lid | electric cutout(jimmyblue version) | k&n filter

Seriously? Where do you people live?
Old 06-24-2006, 06:30 PM
Staging Lane

lol i Live in a Big *** City ...MIAMI!! there is no such thing as going to a bigger town lol...we are the bigger town, theres plenty of every type of car to go around...100's of imports muscle Exotics..woot i love it
Old 06-24-2006, 06:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by aaron653
if i want to race anybody i have to go to a bigger town about 40 miles away..because i have the fastest street car in my town

dude, thats kinda scary.... does everyone drive tractors?
Old 06-24-2006, 07:51 PM
10 Second Club

it is always tough to find races for me since i think i've raced almost every worthy car in a 50 mile radius from my house. been doing this **** for quite a while, you get to know a whole lot of people and it gets old racing the same cars/ cars with the same mods and setups. i usually race on motor just to keep it fun and competitive, no point in spraying 99.9% of the cars i'll run into.

it is so bad where we chill that we won't even bother to chase down cars that we know can be easily taken, like basically any car not running drag radials/slicks besides the obvious high hp cars that are around (new z06's, vipers, ford gt's, cobras etc...)

a common phrase is "can't be bothered" and i've said it more and more lately. people go out and no racing happens because nobody can "be bothered" to run a car/setup that they have beaten on all too many occasions.

go to the track, where EVERYBODY races

btw i need to move, philly is getting beat...

Search this Thread