Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I still tune???

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 10:42 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I still tune???

I have just bought a 98 TA and the seller broke the hypertech before he could take it off. My question is, Will I still be able to tune it with LS1 edit or am I screwed?
Thanks
Old 06-27-2006, 10:57 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will just not be able to get the stock tune out of the car, unless you can call hypertech and explain to them what happen and see what they can do
otherwise you can tune all you want with these programs, the hypertech doesn't lock the PCM

you can use EFI LIVE or HPTuners, I do not recommend LS1edit unless you are familiar with it.

www.efilive.com - this is what I use and it seems more windows based to me, has a left window with folders that drop to folders and more folders. PErsonally I love it, haven't regretted buying it yet.

www.hptuners.com - some of my good friends use this and they love it. I think it is like ls1edit menu wise, it has a main screen with buttons.

BOTH of these programs can do the same exact thing, depends on price and what you want. both programs i do believe offer a free download trial so you can see what they look like