Default will 5x120mm fit?

i want to buy some sport max wheels they come in 35mm offset and are 5x120

im gna get 17x9 up front and the 18x10s out back

will this fit 1998 z29 camaro with a 1.5" drop
Thanks guys
Old 06-27-2006, 07:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

before you get 20 replies about using the search thread (or possibly a sticky at the top of the "Wheels & Tires" forum).... yes they fit. However, the correct pattern for f-bodys is 5x120.65mm or 5x4.75in. I would strongly suggest you stick with the chevy bolt pattern.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:18 PM
Launching!

yea i just searched i just didnt see anything for sure on it.

i really like the sport max 006 in black and i just want to make sure the 5x120 will fit ok. il read the sticky on the backspacing. i just need a for sure il be ok running the 5x120

thanks
Old 06-27-2006, 07:21 PM
On The Tree

That's an awesome rim. I wanna say they make a chevy bolt pattern, not sure if they do on the 006, but I think they do in the 962. There are several cars on this board running the 962. Good luck.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

They will bolt on, but technically they are the incorrect bolt pattern.

It's purely up to you, if you want to try it. I don't recommend it, but 0.65 mm is a very tiny increment of measure.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:25 AM
12 Second Club

If you want to read some intelligent discussions on this topic without having to worry about stepping on anyone's toes, I highly recommend doing a search over on LS1GTO.com. We have been having this discussion for quite some time with opinions freely stated on both sides of the topic. I had 120.65mm bolt circle C6 Z06 rims on my 120mm bolt circle GTO with no problems. Those same rims are now going on my TA.

From what Xsta said in other posts and other communications, there is supposed to be a thread about a vehicle having the lugs fail. I did a search and could not find it. Maybe he will share the thread with us.

Good luck!

Galen
Old 06-28-2006, 07:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Galen
If you want to read some intelligent discussions on this topic without having to worry about stepping on anyone's toes, I highly recommend doing a search over on LS1GTO.com. We have been having this discussion for quite some time with opinions freely stated on both sides of the topic. I had 120.65mm bolt circle C6 Z06 rims on my 120mm bolt circle GTO with no problems. Those same rims are now going on my TA.

From what Xsta said in other posts and other communications, there is supposed to be a thread about a vehicle having the lugs fail. I did a search and could not find it. Maybe he will share the thread with us.

Good luck!

Galen
This really burns you doesn't it? How is anything I said in this post NOT intellegent? Did I say this was tabu? NO.

I said the truth, and was fair in all of my statements.

Get over yourself.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:02 AM
TECH Junkie

With as many wheels out there that are designed to fit the correct bolt pattern, I would be hard-pressed to justify getting a set that isn't. Just my $0.02

-Mike
Old 06-28-2006, 02:22 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Xsta Z 28
This really burns you doesn't it? How is anything I said in this post NOT intellegent? Did I say this was tabu? NO.

I said the truth, and was fair in all of my statements.

Get over yourself.
Come on, we know the system by now. Salesman comes on saying it is not recommended, someone else (read probably me) disagrees and shows why, and then you delete the entire thread so sponsor doesn't get unhappy and put a halt to any free flow of information. I simply want to direct them to have a forum where this will not happen.

I really would like to see some pics of that car that had all 5 lugs fail at one time due to variance in bolt circle that you mentioned in another post.

Galen
Old 06-28-2006, 02:26 PM
Tough Mudder

I'm amused.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:24 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Come on, we know the system by now. Salesman comes on saying it is not recommended, someone else (read probably me) disagrees and shows why, and then you delete the entire thread so sponsor doesn't get unhappy and put a halt to any free flow of information. I simply want to direct them to have a forum where this will not happen.

I really would like to see some pics of that car that had all 5 lugs fail at one time due to variance in bolt circle that you mentioned in another post.

Galen

First off, I would like to say that I doubt Xsta is going to delete the thread because he doesn't like what you are saying. In his original comment in this thread, Xsta simply stated that 5-120 is NOT the correct bolt pattern for the vehicle and that although it would physically fit, and it will, it is not recommended to use the incorrect bolt pattern. Second, other members have stated very similar opinions on the matter in this same thread. No one is saying that there is a 100% guarantee that the wheels are going to fall off. We are just trying to make sure that anyone with this question is fully aware of the consequences of using the wrong bolt pattern. You have clearly stated that you've previously used a 5-120.65 bolt pattern wheel on your 5-120 vehicle without any problems at all. I'm sure there are thousands of people that do it every day without any trouble as well. We have stated that it isn't recommended, from a technical stand point, to interchange these bolt patterns due to the possibility that it could cause the studs to break. Now, we've all stated our minds and everyone else that is considering doing this can make up their own mind.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs down

Galen
You my sir, have a problem. The only reason why the other thread got deleted is because you insulted a sponsor. UHM, sponsors PAY for this site of your "so called" free speech, so guess what? I protect our sponsors. If you don't like it leave. Get off your high horse and provide quality infomation, not opinionated crap about me or DTD. I do not have to prove anything to you. Fine don't beleive me. Go on your merry way beleiving that just because you totalled your GTO destroying a C6 Z06 wheel, and the lugs survived that you are now the perfect expert on cross changing wheels between a GTO and a F-Car.

Please let me bow down to you my master

I left this post alive on purpose so thay you could have provided your intellegent answers to this subject. And how you dissappoint me.

Last edited by Xsta Z 28; 06-28-2006 at 04:55 PM.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

And since you asked . . .

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ght=BMW+Wheels
Old 06-29-2006, 03:29 PM
Launching!

Well don't want to get flamed but here is my experiance. I believe my HP Evo's have the "incorrect" pattern, it is close but not exactly. I got the hub centering rings.....they were only like $10 for four and that is supposed to correct the problem

So I have had the Evo's on KDW II's for a year now with about 10K in miles. I check them about every month and each time I checked them I have never found one to be loose. I will not say yours will or won't come loose but in a years time mine has been ok. I am using Gorilla lugs if that matters. Goodluck.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:52 PM
TECH Junkie

If you just had something like a sloppy class III thru-hole in the wheels then it wouldn't really be an issue. However, when you have a countersink hole and cone seat lugs, then the lug nut will attempt to center the wheel to the wheel stud as its tightened. Because of this, if your wheel stud pattern is far enough off it will actually preload your wheel studs in or out depending on whether the pattern you're trying to adapt is larger or smaller.
As Andy stated above, its only 0.65mm so its not a big difference, but why take chances when there are literally thousands of wheel designs that are available in 5x120.65 bolt circle? Of course, my comment doesn't even take into account proper hub bore diameter, which this other wheel may or may not have.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Fulton 1
As Andy stated above, its only 0.65mm so its not a big difference, but why take chances when there are literally thousands of wheel designs that are available in 5x120.65 bolt circle?
Because they are all either ugly, played out, or too damn expensive .
Old 06-29-2006, 05:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Turo
And thats the truth.
Old 06-29-2006, 06:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Turo
Funny how that works, huh?
Old 06-29-2006, 07:04 PM
On The Tree

back to the topic, it appears as though ADR makes a similar rim with the correct offset of 5x120.65, called the ADR M-Sport

might be worth looking into
Old 06-29-2006, 09:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ritchie
back to the topic, it appears as though ADR makes a similar rim with the correct bolt pattern of 5x120.65, called the ADR M-Sport

might be worth looking into
Fixed

Quick Reply: will 5x120mm fit?