Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND
View Poll Results: Should I do the install myself or pay someone to do it?
Do it myself?
71.43%
Pay someone?
28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Craziness!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 08:36 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Craziness!!!

Well the military server here was loosened up today and now I don't have to travel to visit LS1......that ****** kicks ***.

I am still on track with the wet plate system I have been talking about. It should be waiting for me when I get home.

However, I need to replace my fuel pump and wonder how difficult it'll be!

How involved of a task is this. I ask because I'm wondering how much it would be to pay someone qualified to do it, and if that would be less of an *** pain (for lack of better words)!

Should I do it myself?

Or pay someone to do it?
Old 06-29-2006, 02:01 PM
TECH Addict

DIY or have some people over to help.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

I always do stuff myself if I can. Not only do you save money, but you learn a lot more and understand things better. To me the knowledge of what you did and how it works is just as much fun as the results it gets you.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ackattack1
I always do stuff myself if I can. Not only do you save money, but you learn a lot more and understand things better. To me the knowledge of what you did and how it works is just as much fun as the results it gets you.

When you getting back Jon?
Old 06-29-2006, 11:29 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by tru_ice
When you getting back Jon?
I should be home the Tuesday after Next........IF things go as planned and if the plane we are taking home don't break accidentilly in Germany.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:35 PM
10 Second Club

I think I'm going to do it myself. Like you said, the work is more rewarding and not to mention, when your the one doing the work on your own car (baby), you are more inclined to be carefull and do it the best you can........unlike some of the mechanics I have encountered!
Old 07-04-2006, 01:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do it your self. It's really quite easy on our cars. Just remove the aluiminum guard on drivers side after taking wheel off. Then it's just unbolt the old and in bolt the new. Running the hot wire kit, you have to drop the exhaust and take the plate off covering the torque tube. Not really hard either, just time consuming. Then just hook the wires up and bingo your done. if ya need a hand let me know, as i have the exact kit coming, and have done a home made hot wire kit already.
Robert
Old 07-04-2006, 03:15 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robert56
Do it your self. It's really quite easy on our cars. Just remove the aluiminum guard on drivers side after taking wheel off. Then it's just unbolt the old and in bolt the new. Running the hot wire kit, you have to drop the exhaust and take the plate off covering the torque tube. Not really hard either, just time consuming. Then just hook the wires up and bingo your done. if ya need a hand let me know, as i have the exact kit coming, and have done a home made hot wire kit already.
Robert
Thanks for the offer, I may take you up on it!

BTW, I have access to an entire bay of tools, lifts, etc. on the installation. Its very close to our homes as well. All I would have to do is sign you on the base and we could have at it all day long using the Air Forces tools and lifts. Each bay also has an air hose for the air tools.

Just a thought when you are ready to install your fuel pump........or whatever!

Let me know if your ever interested!
Old 07-04-2006, 09:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 00Vette
Thanks for the offer, I may take you up on it!

BTW, I have access to an entire bay of tools, lifts, etc. on the installation. Its very close to our homes as well. All I would have to do is sign you on the base and we could have at it all day long using the Air Forces tools and lifts. Each bay also has an air hose for the air tools.

Just a thought when you are ready to install your fuel pump........or whatever!

Let me know if your ever interested!
Thanks for the counter offer, however, mine is up on jack stands right now and kit should be here anyday. Doing yours would be much easier on a lift though, and I would give ya a hand.
Robert