General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Window Motor Replacement Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 10:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Motor Replacement Problems

Hey guys just got done replacing my window motor on the drivers side and the motor works the window goes about half way down but the whole motor is like moving inside the dar and there is this clunking noise how do i fix this should i just loosen the motor from the door and see if it will allign itself?
Old 06-29-2006, 05:45 PM
12 Second Club

Could be a number of things, you're just gonna have to go back in and look.......
Maybe the teeth aren't aligned properly.
Maybe the bolts arent tight.
Maybe you left a tool inside the door.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:29 PM
On The Tree

is there any trick to aligning the gears because the others aren't a problem plenty tight and double checked all the things inside to make sure nothing is hitting.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have recently replaced my driver's side window motor with no problem at all. All I did was found the location of the rivits that hold the motor in place to the door frame and drilled them out and the motor fell right out, put the new one in, used some small bolts, washers, and locking nuts with some lock tight and have not had a problem since. IIf I was you I would just take it back out and do it over, there is no special way to align the gears, one way pretty much.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:45 PM
On The Tree

alright i figured it out the new motor i bought from advanced auto parts had a gear on it that was smaller teeth and more teeth than the factory motor so after some hard work i switched the gears and now the motor is fine