Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Tire Help PLEEEEEEEEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 01:33 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Tire Help PLEEEEEEEEASE!

alright, well I have been starting a lot of threads and posting in a lot too and have finaly decided to go with the C6 motorsports chrome 18x9.5 and 18x10.5. But when it comes to tires I am lost. I have found a decent set for a decent price but I don't know if they're what I want.

A lot of you guys have said good things about the GS-D3's but what about the Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar? They say they get just a little better dry traction and a little worse wet traction but other than that is it a pretty comparable tire?

P.S. I need a good rain handling tire for the fronts but cheap also. Any ideas? I was thinkin the Sumitomo HTR Z II, $161 on tirerack, what do you guys think? I appreciate it a ton, thanks.
Old 06-30-2006, 02:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buy The D3's...you wont be dissapointed....I run mine at 40psi max presure is 50 I believe...I run then high to get good mileage..the biggest contact patch and less side wall flex...great tires....most tight curving freeway ramps I can take easily at 45mph.tires start to chirp near 50..but Ive never seriously broken them loose..

Most will agree that tehy suck as a drag tire..but then I dont drag..any yaho can go fast...go fast then turn hard right....thats where it at!

FWIW Ive never heard anything bad about the F1's...or the super car..persomnally..I dont like the tread patterns....thats a superficial reason not to buy a tire though... Im betting that their very good tires
Old 06-30-2006, 03:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Whatevr you do, do not get the sumitomos, ive heard a lot of bad things about them
Old 06-30-2006, 05:58 PM
Launching!

yea, the thread pattern isn't the best looking but I could give a **** about it. I just want to know what you guys think about their performance, I mean from what I have read and researched, they aren't much different from the D3's.

Originally Posted by Ls1CamaroGuy87
Whatevr you do, do not get the sumitomos, ive heard a lot of bad things about them
well like I said, those sumitomos will be in the front, but I just need a good cheap tire that can tread water weel.
Old 06-30-2006, 08:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Italiano99
well like I said, those sumitomos will be in the front, but I just need a good cheap tire that can tread water weel.
Remember, front tires are just as important as rears.

I have GS-D3's in the front and they are GREAT on wet roads. Unfortunately they're not cheap, though.
Old 07-01-2006, 04:15 AM
Launching!

true true, but any other insight on the sumitomos HTR Z II's?
Old 07-01-2006, 12:19 PM
On The Tree

I have the Sumitomo's on the front of my car and haven't had a problem with wet roads except when they were on the rear on the front only they are fine. I run the BFG KDW's on the rear and really have to get on them to get loose when it's wet.
Old 07-01-2006, 12:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I vote for the BFG Drag radial, may not be great in water but they wont spin on dry raod no matter what. i just threw some 315's on the back of my TA and they grip very well, i havent been able to spin them yet and i'm putting down 400hp to the wheels. I'm sure i could probably spin em if i popped the clutch at 5k or something but i havent tried it and dont plan to.
Old 07-01-2006, 01:13 PM
Launching!

yea, I would go radials but this is a daily driver and I race only a percentage of the time
Old 07-01-2006, 01:15 PM
Launching!

my main concern are these Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires I am looking at. Is there anyone out there with these on their rears? I need some info on these tires