Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Speed shops in Bremerton washington?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 09:53 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Speed shops in Bremerton washington?

In from Hawaii and need a couplel little items.
A 58 MM throttle body gasket, 1993 Vette
Fuel Pressure regulator for same
Used 1995-1997 Opti
Old 06-30-2006, 09:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Steve.... Welcome!

Now the bad news... you're *** out over here for parts support. Best bet is summit racing.

You can make a 58mm TB gasket. I used to do my own when I was in a pinch. Just use the old one as a template and get a sheet of gasket maker at the parts store.. They do have that at least... lol

I was commenting to the guys at napa the other day that it was pretty sorry that it takes 3-4 days to get a coolant temp sensor for a Gen III engine when they've been out since 1997.

I'd get a new opti... the woeful tales of dying opti's are deep around here! Always install new!
Old 06-30-2006, 10:03 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by CHarris
Hi Steve.... Welcome!

Now the bad news... you're *** out over here for parts support. Best bet is summit racing.

You can make a 58mm TB gasket. I used to do my own when I was in a pinch. Just use the old one as a template and get a sheet of gasket maker at the parts store.. They do have that at least... lol

I was commenting to the guys at napa the other day that it was pretty sorry that it takes 3-4 days to get a coolant temp sensor for a Gen III engine when they've been out since 1997.

I'd get a new opti... the woeful tales of dying opti's are deep around here! Always install new!
Thanks Chris. I figure since I am here on business for a month, I can look for the little parts that Hawaii is always out of, or it takes a month to get and shipping is more than the part.
I need a used 95-97 Opti if you have. I dont care if the rotor and cap are broke.
Old 07-01-2006, 12:36 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

LOL you might

Or suffer with the optics deciding they do not like your after market system

I buy 58 MM gaskets from LPE 20 at a time so I always have them in stock

Still using my stock Pressure reg here. never had a need for an after market until this one dies
Old 07-01-2006, 12:52 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
LOL you might

Or suffer with the optics deciding they do not like your after market system

I buy 58 MM gaskets from LPE 20 at a time so I always have them in stock

Still using my stock Pressure reg here. never had a need for an after market until this one dies
I have had my regulator for about 8 years and its starting to show its age by not being adjustable. Any spare gaskets you can let me get from ya? PayPal?
I went through many optis till this DELTEQ, as I think the rpms and MSD box werent helping. Now its smooth up to 6500rpm.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:56 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I also have just installed the Delteq with full MSD DIS-4 Plus. Still having issues. looks like the opti got fried when the Rotor got burned so MSD is sending me a new one to replace the GM one I had I have over a dozen opti's from three cars dead in the shed

Shoot me a PM and I will toss a gasket in the mail for you