Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Few questions on installing EPP's FMIC kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 01:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Few questions on installing EPP's FMIC kit

the directions are just pictures....
1) where do i put the IAT sensor that came with my procharger kit since i no longer use the plenum.
2) where/ how do i relocate the fuse box thats in the way of the piping that goes to the tb
3) did any of you add any supporting brackets to hold the pipes up
4) brackets on the upper mount are too large to be able to use both holes, did you just use one of the two bolt mounts on top of each side
5) how did you install the proflo bypass valve.

they supplied the tubing and intercooler with couplers, but as far as what i mentioned i dont know what im supposed to do with it. there are no provisions for the IAT or bypass valve

Last edited by SVC707; 07-01-2006 at 01:53 PM.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any pics
Old 07-01-2006, 02:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pics of what the finished or what im having issues with. ill post the finished product when its done
Old 07-01-2006, 03:35 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SVC707
the directions are just pictures....
1) where do i put the IAT sensor that came with my procharger kit since i no longer use the plenum.
2) where/ how do i relocate the fuse box thats in the way of the piping that goes to the tb
3) did any of you add any supporting brackets to hold the pipes up
4) brackets on the upper mount are too large to be able to use both holes, did you just use one of the two bolt mounts on top of each side
5) how did you install the proflo bypass valve.

they supplied the tubing and intercooler with couplers, but as far as what i mentioned i dont know what im supposed to do with it. there are no provisions for the IAT or bypass valve
1. We did not include a provision for the IAT. It was really an option for where the customer wanted the IAT provision.

2. The fuse box doesnt need moved. It needs moved a little but it does work where it is at.

3. There are no brackets to hold the pipes as the intercooler is held solid with the top bar and the two under bars.

4. Im not quite shure what you mean about the upper brackets. Could you send me a picture via pm or email?

5. For any bypass / blow off valve you will need to install a pipe anywhere in the loop. The best place is near the throttle body on the up-pipe from the intercooler

If you have any other questions about the kit, just shoot me a pm.

-Jake@epp
Old 07-01-2006, 06:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had to just cut off the outside tab on the top mount, and I just welded the other one to my remaining bumper pieces for more strength than bolting. If you have the thread in iat sensor, its 3/8 npt thread and I just took a double female 3/8 npt pipe thread coupler "hardware store" and spun it down to look pretty and cut it in half and welded it in. Same with my raceready from ati, just weld it in where it works best for ya. Actually I had to refab my upper mount as it was twisted and would not lay flat, so I made a dupicate without the outside tab but thats what i would have had to do, as the tab stuck out too far on the outside.

Last edited by BOONE; 07-01-2006 at 06:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Few questions on installing EPP's FMIC kit