Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Cam makes a good combo with a Vig 3200 stall?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 05:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default What Cam makes a good combo with a Vig 3200 stall?

I am ready to go ahead and get a cam package. I feel the need to put more power in the car since it is need of some.
I have been doing a search for the proper cam and converter set up for a while now and since I only drive my car on the weekends I guess I want a little more power than what a 224 comp cam offers. Or do you guys think other wise? What else do you recommend that would be more efficient and give me some decent power, acceleration and work good with Headers, Exhaust bolt ons, pulley, FLT stage 3 tranny and Vigilante 3200 stall.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thank You Much

Robert
Old 07-02-2006, 05:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No response yet?
Old 07-02-2006, 11:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your question is hard to answer because there isn't just one answer to your question. The Vig 3200 is a great converter and will work with anything from stock horsepower to well over 600 horsepower. Any mod you do that increases horsepower will make the converter stall just slightly higher and make it very slightly more efficient. This is the same with any brand converter. Choosing a cam is like choosing a girlfriend. There are so many to choose from. Basically they are all the same yet each is so different. Not everybody will choose the same girl and not everybody will choose the same cam. I would suggest reading the internal engine section of this site to see what cams seem to be working best for different folks. Since you are limited by having a stock shortblock and stock heads you might want to do a search on the LG Motorsports G5-X3 cam. I have never ran one but I've heard many good things about it.