Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why isn't an over-the-axle pipe pre-made?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 11:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Why isn't an over-the-axle pipe pre-made?

I know they're alot of people who have dumps simply because it was too expensive to bring them all the way out. A local quote wants to charge me $750 to bring it all way out, another one wants $820+ tax. :wtf:

Now my question, why doesn't someone manufactuer the pipe already pre bent so you can just head down to your local exhaust shop to have them finish the job? I'm not talking about the entire system, just the pipes that go over the axle.

What do you guys think?
Old 07-02-2006, 01:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't see what the big deal is of not going under the axle, I did with mine with 3" pipes all the way back, and I haven't scraped my exhaust once since I put it on over 3 months ago.
Old 07-02-2006, 01:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DrewSG
I know they're alot of people who have dumps simply because it was too expensive to bring them all the way out. A local quote wants to charge me $750 to bring it all way out, another one wants $820+ tax. :wtf:

Now my question, why doesn't someone manufactuer the pipe already pre bent so you can just head down to your local exhaust shop to have them finish the job? I'm not talking about the entire system, just the pipes that go over the axle.

What do you guys think?
There are so many factors that have to be considered.....ride height, aftermarket PHB, not to mention numerous possible ways to route it. Both over one side, one on each side. It is too hard to make a universal piece that will work for everyone and not enough consumer demand although I admit it would make things easier.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Too many variables involved to produce one standard over the axle setup that will fit everyones ride.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:03 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you realize that if someone did make it:
1. There would be 1 person happy to every 20 that bitch about fittament due to the 2 above posts.
2. It would cost some money, but probably not 700+.
3. Most people like having their exhaust dumped. If you want it to go out the back your best bet is a catback.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:54 AM
TECH Junkie

if they did make it, it should probably be for a stock application, similar to bassani