Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So I want my heads machined help.

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 10:48 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I want my heads machined help.

Okay I got a great deal on some 5.3 heads. Completely stock straight off of a silverado I believe. Now Ive been trying to do someresearch but havent found anything to really help me out. Ive read a few things that were helpful but didnt answer my questions.

Basically I want to make these heads worth my time I wanna spend the money to take them to a machine shop and have them done RIGHT! Now my question to you guys is what should I have done? I dont really wanna mill them because piston valve clearance. Ive heard something about an angled valve job??And port and polish then buy manley valves and put in them. Help me out guys..
Old 07-02-2006, 11:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

your best bet is to send them off to a company like Patriot Performance and have them CNC them, they'll also put new valves, valve springs, etc. in them.
i'm sure its the same for the 5.3 heads, but they're very reasonable for LS1 heads.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:14 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2000TransAmWS6
your best bet is to send them off to a company like Patriot Performance and have them CNC them, they'll also put new valves, valve springs, etc. in them.
i'm sure its the same for the 5.3 heads, but they're very reasonable for LS1 heads.

they'll CNC port, blend the valve bowls, perform a 5 angle valve job, hand detail and mill to specs..... for a great price
im sending mine off tomarrow heads up Gunnar and thanks!