Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch Going Out??? Advice, Please

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 11:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Going Out??? Advice, Please

I think my clutch is going out. I have a 99 FRC with ~73K on it. Yesterday, I was traveling about 60 MPH and accelerated hard (down shift to third) to about 90 and leveled off. Soon after I leveled off I smelled an odor through the AC (vented to the outside) similar to burnt rubber/oil. I have notice over the last few months that in 5th or 6th when I accelerate there will be a sensation of wheel spin for just a second. While I would like to think the car had that kind of torque at 60 to 65 MPH I know something is slipping (clutch???). This sensation occurred several time yesterday after the odor went away. When I engage the clutch from a standing stop there is not apparent slippage and the clutch feel is normal.

Anyway, I would like some opinions as to whether my suspicison the clutch is going our is correct or not. I could also use some recommendations as to where in the Olympia, Tacoma, Seattle area one could get the clutch replaced with confidence of good quality workmanship.

Thanks
Old 07-04-2006, 02:33 AM
Teching In

Yeah mine died in the z06 about 5 days ago...got the aussie(trexilla)sp clutch I heard alot about it...so I'm going with that. Mine was so bad it was slipping in 1rst with like 10% throttle. It kinda happened pretty quick though.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Zeeeohsix
Yeah mine died in the z06 about 5 days ago...got the aussie(trexilla)sp clutch I heard alot about it...so I'm going with that. Mine was so bad it was slipping in 1rst with like 10% throttle. It kinda happened pretty quick though.
Did you have any of sense of hesitation or chugging in 5th or 6th?

Thanks

Danny