Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

yank is closed till july 10th so i have a question

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 02:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yank is closed till july 10th so i have a question

we just took the car to the track and we are having a few issues with it still. the main question i have is has anybody every tryed a pt4000 on a 200shot because as of right now i have an ss4000 in the car it is suppose to be for nitrous but it seems to loose to be for nitrous on the street on motor if flashes to 5000 and who knows what it would do on the bottle i have a completley new setup now with all the suspension so it should of launched harder now than before before i just had your basic torque arm lca's and subfram's and now i have tubular k member a arms qa1 springs and shocks qoil over set up bmr anti roll bar and everything else you could think of!!! before i had the pt4000 in it and its best it has ever cut was a 1.55 60ft that was in a little cooler weather though but now its only cutting 1.58 60fts and the car its self is making 40rwhp more than before and 32ftlbs more right from the very bottome of the graph. i would of thought that it would of picked up some but it hasnt. i think it might be the converter but maybe it isnt i just wanna see what everyone thinks if the pt4000 would work on a 200shot everyonce in a while i dont spray it everyweekend so. but if yall think it would be alright i will probably end up putting it back in the car

thanks,
david
Old 07-04-2006, 02:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

a pt4000 with a 200 shot of nitrous is not a good combo IMO. it will make that converter flash WAY past the tq peak area and create a very inefficient converter. how much tq can your motor possibly make at say 5000 rpms? i bet that is where the converter is flashing at.

tq gets your car moving out of hte hole.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:13 PM
Launching!

yea at about i believe its 4800rpm the torque peaks at 392ftlbs this is on motor we havent sprayed it yet we are still trying to work out a few bugs, and i assumed it wouldnt be a good combo with the nitrous but i thought the ss4000 i have is a little to loose cause in really cool weather and regular warn out bfg radials i can foot brake it on the street to 3k and it flashes at 5 and i was a little concerned what it would do on the bottle
Old 07-04-2006, 06:42 PM
Launching!

any more suggestions?