Street Racing & Kill Stories - Need To Beat 01 Cobra W/kb

View Full Version : Need To Beat 01 Cobra W/kb

Rick99HuggerZvert
07-05-2006, 08:39 PM
OK, I have a 99 Z Vert A4with only lid and LM2 cat-back, and a recently added NX 150 wet shot with FJO controller. I recently ran my brother's 99 GT with a procharger and took it. However ther is another guy we work with who will be the next threat (the 3 of us are very competitive, until my N2O I didn't have a chance.) He has an 01 cobra vert and I just got this e-mail from him at work :::
no, its an 01, its the teeny, tiny baby kb, 1.7 liter displacement,
slightly bigger than the eaton on the 03, way more efficient than an eaton
on the 03.....my car prolly runs like a stock 03 would, maybe a little
better.

The KB 2003 Cobras are a force to be reckoned with, but I'm not one of
them////,,,,,

Little tricks.???
I'm not sure I know what you mean..........drag radials, yes, aftermarket
shifter, yes, line locks, yes, new posi, solid axle, gears, yes,
supercharger, yes,, race gas, probably.....

Anyways, I really do not want to lose this race (especially as I am the only ls1 out of 2 stang's!) I ran a 12.78@113.3 sunday and I'm not sure if that will be enough. I had the FJO programmed from 3000-5800 but slowly ramping from 25% to 100%. I will definitely program atarting at about 50% and ramping up more aggressively, any other ideas? I am running fuzion ZRi street tires, which have hooked very well, but my 60ft was 2.122.

Please help me defend the LS1 against these 4.6's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What are my chances and any ideas for me? I don't have the funds for DR's before we race.......

c6_dave
07-05-2006, 09:40 PM
01 = aluminum block and higher rpm's
03 = iron block

if he's got a pulley and a tune, he could be low balling on what he is telling you.

I see he changed out the the IRS for solid axle. that cobra is goinng to be Nasty!

Good Luck, let us know how it goes!

SPRAYED 01
07-05-2006, 10:56 PM
You should be running way faster than high 12s with a 150 shot and an auto car. I hate to say it but its going to be very hard with street tires to win that race. With some drs you would smoke him. And you could go 100% with that juice. Good luck

rubber duck
07-05-2006, 11:22 PM
There's no reason to go with a progressive shot on a pretty much stock ls1. Hit that shit all out off the line. With a tire spraying off the line you should almost be a full second quicker.

95blowncobra
07-06-2006, 10:40 AM
haha all im sayin is just be careful man! run what cha brung!

BURN'EM
07-06-2006, 11:05 AM
Turn the controller off. When I had the stock motor/trans and 3400 stall I posted 11.75 on a 125 shot

Rick99HuggerZvert
07-06-2006, 05:40 PM
Thanks for all the replies. We were e-mailing back and forth today at work, Here is what he said:::

My cobra has a funky litle blip in the tune, and before I put it all on the
line, I want Mike to give it the once over. He can't get me in until the
13th, so our little match up will have to wait.

My blip is probably in the relay that activates the Kenne Bell boost a
pump. That KB thing is supposed to trick the mustang fuel pump to work
overtime, but with mine, I get about 1 second of ZERO fuel pressure, and a
big motor bog, so it needs looked at...

I probably should have taken care of it sooner, but even with it I could
take out an LS1 that wasn't whiffing the N20, but now I guess I need it
fixed.
Only mod there that adds power is the supercharger...

13 .0xxxxxxx at 106 107

OK, maybe 12.80s I didnt have a clean run last year, I would either bog
because of the glitch in the tune, or timing was getting pulled by the
computer because I was knocking (detonation) either from too much heat, or
too little octane....
That really doesn't affect the mph a whole lot though...

I know he will change pulleys, or do something while he is getting his tune, He's just like that, and I really do think he has stock exhaust. He dosen't know I am going to take the progression off of my FJO and have a full bottle (my last runs were about 1/2 bottle, no idea of the pressure because they forgot to put the gauge on!))
I think I can take him, but we'll have to wait until sunday the 16th to see.

FYI... I did dyno at 361 with the 150 jets, but that was with the FJO progressing... and on a mustang dyno.. they said a dynojet typically shows 15% more, which would have put me at 415rwhp. The place I had the kit put in is not really a GM friendly place, but there isn't one in town, and they have the best rep for mods. They really like stangs, their big project is a v6 stang turbo'd that runs mid 11's and has about 455 rwhp.....

sprung_monkey
07-07-2006, 05:30 AM
:judge: :judge: :judge: Turn the controller off. When I had the stock motor/trans and 3400 stall I posted 11.75 on a 125 shot
:judge: only im a 3800 stall with a cam an put down 11.11 on a 150ish shot.....put a button you can control that bitch on turn off the tcs and show him some tail lights

but then again he could be lowballing you like said before :) but grt rid of that progressive stuff now

brad8266
07-07-2006, 06:48 AM
FYI... I did dyno at 361 with the 150 jets, but that was with the FJO progressing... and on a mustang dyno.. they said a dynojet typically shows 15% more, which would have put me at 415rwhp. The place I had the kit put in is not really a GM friendly place, but there isn't one in town, and they have the best rep for mods. They really like stangs, their big project is a v6 stang turbo'd that runs mid 11's and has about 455 rwhp.....
361 with 150 jets?? :confused: WTF??? What were the jet sizes? That is way low.

rubber duck
07-07-2006, 11:30 AM
If you only dyno'd 361 your shot never progressed to 100%. Those numbers look like a stock ls1 on a 50 shot. You're down about 100wrhp. :eek2:

Rick99HuggerZvert
07-09-2006, 10:26 PM
If you only dyno'd 361 your shot never progressed to 100%. Those numbers look like a stock ls1 on a 50 shot. You're down about 100wrhp. :eek2:

I only have the sheets for 2. they did one with the 100 shot, which hit 313RWHP and the 150 shot hit 361RWHP. that was at about 5300RPM. I'm not sure but that might have been only 80-90% shot with the progression. I'm not happy about the minimal amount of work they put into tuning or doing anything really. But they did do a nice install and at least said they really liked the FJO...... but hey......... they're mustang guys..............
Again being a mustang dyno, they sat people always complain about their low #'s on the dyno, and that dynojets put up about a 15% higher number, but they claim the mustang dyno loads the wheels and gives for a better tune.
I just can't wait to race next sunday. I'll definitely post the results!

By the way, it's a 01 cobra with a 03 Mach1 motor and hte small KB on it.

:quote: 361 with 150 jets?? WTF??? What were the jet sizes? That is way low.
I remember that the N20 jet in the shark was .62???
the AFR on the 361RWHP pull was 14.7 listed on the dyno? but honestly I'm not sure what that means... they said they left it running a little rich to be safe......

rubber duck
07-10-2006, 08:56 AM
i don't doubt that they did a nice install. You have to be trying to mess up a nitrous install to do it wrong. If you want all your money's worth on the nitrous i'd ditch the smart box and spray it like you've never sprayed before and let us know how the race goes. :)

Rick99HuggerZvert
06-13-2007, 01:42 PM
I hate when people post "what if, or what do I need" posts like this, then don't post the result...... today I was looking at my old posts and found this one with no end result...... I AM SORRY FOR BEING A BUM!!!

Well, I think it was a month later when we finally both could make it to the track...... no excuse for why I didn't post the result... but I must have forgot about the post.

We went to Thompson speedway and got one run against eachother. I don't have teh timeslip handy, it's at home, but I know I ran a 12.74 @??? and he ran a 12.71 @???

I'm not exactly sure of the times, but his time was like .03 better than mine........ but my RT was .2 better than his and after the run... which I got the white slip... he came up to me and said.... "well looks like you won"

I thought by our "rules" he won, but I guess our "rules" do go by RT.
(rules among our few friends that all run together)

He also did methanaol injection before we ran...... I thought I was toast, but fortunately... he can't drive!!! (I admit, his car is faster, the shop owner who does his work ran in the high 11's with the car)

We are going to run again soon this year, I don't think his driving has improved... so hopefully I can hold him off again.

He hasn't changed his car, I have only adjusted my FJO to 100% spray on the 150 shot from 3000 to 5850rpm, and gotten a bottle warmer. No DR's or stall or anything I really need yet.

I did have one great run last year which was 12.53@114.8, but my average run is around 12.7ish. I hope the bottle warmer (I ran mostly at 900psi last year, or whatever the sun would heat the bottle to!) will help, and I will try to launch a little harder, and cut my 60ft down some. I don't know how far I can go on street tires though.

Again, Sorry about being like a year late on the results... but hey......... better late than never right?!?

TXws6
06-13-2007, 01:51 PM
i cant believe you havent stalled yet

04Terminator
06-13-2007, 02:00 PM
Holeshot ???!!! :lol:

You're running a 12.5-12.7 with a 150 shot? Ar you in the PA mountains?Definitely throw the box away and spray right off the hit. Stall that thing and get some DRs.

Rick99HuggerZvert
06-13-2007, 02:19 PM
Holeshot ???! :lol:

You're running a 12.5-12.7 with a 150 shot? Ar you in the PA mountains?Definitely throw the box away and spray right off the hit. Stall that thing and get some DRs.

Hole shot? around 2.1 on average. Fuzion zri street tires....

The box is basically a window switch at this point. it's set at 100% spray from 3000 to 5800 rpm.

We aren't in the mountains, about 1500 ft, but right by Lake Erie, so the humidity gets pretty bad here. Stall and DR's are in the plans, but I want to have enough $ to buy them, and have enough in reserve for a new rear end because I think that will probably be needed pretty quickly after I start really launching!

91 LS1 Z28
06-13-2007, 02:21 PM
Ar you in the PA mountains?

What's wrong with the PA mountains ? Beautiful scenery and not as much inbreeding as some of those down south states :mullet: :jest: .

04Terminator
06-13-2007, 02:32 PM
Hole shot? around 2.1 on average. Fuzion zri street tires....

The box is basically a window switch at this point. it's set at 100% spray from 3000 to 5800 rpm.

We aren't in the mountains, about 1500 ft, but right by Lake Erie, so the humidity gets pretty bad here. Stall and DR's are in the plans, but I want to have enough $ to buy them, and have enough in reserve for a new rear end because I think that will probably be needed pretty quickly after I start really launching!

Good point.

You won with a hole shot...chopped the tree down on him...YOU STARTED BEFORE HE DID! :jest:

91 LS1 Z28
What's wrong with the PA mountains ? Beautiful scenery and not as much inbreeding as some of those down south states .

Nothing wrong. Coudersport is really pretty. Went to a "gentleman's club" there one time... 10 girls, 26 teeth and 9 tits between them. The Poconos are pretty. Spent alot of time in the Philly area myself. Half my family is from NC and the other half from WV... :kiss:

91 LS1 Z28
06-13-2007, 02:39 PM
Went to a "gentleman's club" there one time... 10 girls, 26 teeth and 9 tits between them.

Damn, I would hate to see the one on your lap, glad I wasn't there. I couldn't :chug: enough to deal with those " birth defects ".

04Terminator
06-13-2007, 02:47 PM
Damn, I would hate to see the one on your lap, glad I wasn't there. I couldn't :chug: enough to deal with those " birth defects ".

The one on my lap wasn't too bad, other than the coke-bottle glasses she was wearing made her eyes so big she looked like an ostridge. But I wasn't looking at her face too much. :jest:

ponygt65
06-13-2007, 02:49 PM
WOW.....few things......There is a few things that I would want to know to tell you what I think.

1.7Kb...I/C or non-I/C (what boost).
Stock mach long block or upgraded internals?
R U going to run on your Fuzions?

THe 1.7L I/C KB is about 9 psi (pending other mods), with the factory pulley. He would be at about 425-450 RWHP (again, variable). Honestly I think you would loose......why?...traction. He has a solid rear with DRs and an aftermarket shifter (whish is nice on the 3650 tremecs). BUT, if you get DRs and max out your shot, I give you the edge....on the basis that the TQ out of the bottle is scary.

Good luck.

brian06eleanor
06-13-2007, 04:56 PM
if hes still stock internals on the mach i would say hes makin between 390-430rwhp depending on boost and tune

capn smokey
06-13-2007, 07:34 PM
12.5 on a 150 is ball-hurting slow, a 50 shot could do that. there is something wrong with your setup.

Rick99HuggerZvert
06-14-2007, 12:55 PM
WOW.....few things......There is a few things that I would want to know to tell you what I think.

1.7Kb...I/C or non-I/C (what boost).
Stock mach long block or upgraded internals?
R U going to run on your Fuzions?

THe 1.7L I/C KB is about 9 psi (pending other mods), with the factory pulley. He would be at about 425-450 RWHP (again, variable). Honestly I think you would loose......why?...traction. He has a solid rear with DRs and an aftermarket shifter (whish is nice on the 3650 tremecs). BUT, if you get DRs and max out your shot, I give you the edge....on the basis that the TQ out of the bottle is scary.

Good luck.

Non-I/C/ but he does mave methanol injection
He said he runs about 11pounds of boost, on average, but it has hit 12.
Stock mach longblock, forged crank, stock rods and pistons.
I will be running on the fuzions (believe it or not, with the 150 shot engaging at 3000rpm, traction really hasn't been a problem. (other than 2.0-2.1 60 ft times)

I think it all depends on if he can drive it or not, we'll see, but it will probably be a few weeks before we run again.

ponygt65
06-14-2007, 02:45 PM
I will be running on the fuzions (believe it or not, with the 150 shot engaging at 3000rpm, traction really hasn't been a problem. (other than 2.0-2.1 60 ft times)

I think it all depends on if he can drive it or not, we'll see, but it will probably be a few weeks before we run again.

Well, if you run fuzions, you will loose. He is running roughly 450 RWHP on DR's with a solid rear setup. That is a mid - high 11 second car. Traction maynot be a problem on your setup, but your setup is a mid 12 car. You need better tractino, and no progressive to have a shot.

HOWEVER............. If that guy REALLY is running a stock mach long block NON-IC with 11 psi.......he will probably blow his motor prior to reaching the 1320 feet. I am no stranger to what this guy has.........he is a ticking time bomb EVEN with the meth inj. But....he probably thinks he is very safe, which is isn't. Meth only helps...it does NOT take place of I/C setup. If he had an I/C and running Meth inj. then I would say he would be slightly pushing it at 11-12 psi, but overall ok.

BTW - the forged crank is standard in a mach motor that was put in a car with an M5.

Sorry, I just can't believe what some people do to their cars. Why would he go through all that time and trouble to through in a motor that is a time bomb?

SickSixSpeed
06-14-2007, 05:29 PM
he already beat the guy once, why is it so hard to see him having a second victory?

although i have to agree, 361rwhp sounds really low on a car with a 150 shot. that would be like 211rwhp without the kit. missing a few plug wires are we? lol

Irunelevens
06-14-2007, 08:17 PM
When did he beat the guy before...?

SickSixSpeed
06-14-2007, 09:52 PM
I hate when people post "what if, or what do I need" posts like this, then don't post the result...... today I was looking at my old posts and found this one with no end result...... I AM SORRY FOR BEING A BUM!!!

Well, I think it was a month later when we finally both could make it to the track...... no excuse for why I didn't post the result... but I must have forgot about the post.

We went to Thompson speedway and got one run against eachother. I don't have teh timeslip handy, it's at home, but I know I ran a 12.74 @??? and he ran a 12.71 @???

I'm not exactly sure of the times, but his time was like .03 better than mine........ but my RT was .2 better than his and after the run... which I got the white slip... he came up to me and said.... "well looks like you won"

I thought by our "rules" he won, but I guess our "rules" do go by RT.
(rules among our few friends that all run together)

He also did methanaol injection before we ran...... I thought I was toast, but fortunately... he can't drive!!! (I admit, his car is faster, the shop owner who does his work ran in the high 11's with the car)

We are going to run again soon this year, I don't think his driving has improved... so hopefully I can hold him off again.

He hasn't changed his car, I have only adjusted my FJO to 100% spray on the 150 shot from 3000 to 5850rpm, and gotten a bottle warmer. No DR's or stall or anything I really need yet.

I did have one great run last year which was 12.53@114.8, but my average run is around 12.7ish. I hope the bottle warmer (I ran mostly at 900psi last year, or whatever the sun would heat the bottle to!) will help, and I will try to launch a little harder, and cut my 60ft down some. I don't know how far I can go on street tires though.

Again, Sorry about being like a year late on the results... but hey......... better late than never right?!?

read man.

Irunelevens
06-14-2007, 10:04 PM
Ok my bad, smartass :eyes:. But considering the guy did run a better time than him in the first place, I'd say him losing the 2nd race is still a definite possibility.

djsanchez2
06-14-2007, 11:11 PM
FYI... I did dyno at 361 with the 150 jets, but that was with the FJO progressing... and on a mustang dyno.. they said a dynojet typically shows 15% more, which would have put me at 415rwhp......

Dude just had mine dyno's on a Mustang dyno and i put down 317hp/325ft.lbs. STOCK!! If what they are telling you is true, (which it's not) I'd be putting down 365hp on a dynojet STOCK!! You really need to have your kit looked over before racing this dude. Also double check the jets just to be sure of the shot size.

red2003cobra
06-14-2007, 11:26 PM
:judge: :judge: :judge:
:judge: only im a 3800 stall with a cam an put down 11.11 on a 150ish shot.....put a button you can control that bitch on turn off the tcs and show him some tail lights

but then again he could be lowballing you like said before :) but grt rid of that progressive stuff now

Dude, what rims are on your car? Those look amazing!

Lance

djsanchez2
06-14-2007, 11:31 PM
TTII's. Same as mine. What a fuckin jocker!!! HAHAHA!!! Check my Sig link, the Fquick thing.

American Racing Torque Thrust II's

red2003cobra
06-14-2007, 11:32 PM

My numbers were with seeing only 12 lbs of boost. He's got a solid rear and boost on top of more compression than me. I think he's got closer to 450rwhp than you think. My thoughts are edge goes to the cobra.

lance

Gonad
06-14-2007, 11:37 PM
10 girls, 26 teeth and 9 tits between them.

Now THAT'S sig material!! :jest:

red2003cobra
06-14-2007, 11:37 PM
TTII's. Same as mine. What a fuckin jocker!!! HAHAHA!!! Check my Sig link, the Fquick thing.

American Racing Torque Thrust II's

Nice!!!! I love that look on F bodies. Makes me wish I had one in the Garage to keep the snake company. Sweet Car!!!!

Lance

SickSixSpeed
06-14-2007, 11:59 PM
I'm a smartass, so shoot me.

and I say that if he was only making 361hp when he ran .030 slower than a supposed 450hp car, that he needs to fix his nitrous setup and wax that ass again.

Irunelevens
06-15-2007, 01:22 AM
And I'm saying that if he's only making 360hp and ran .030 slower than a 450rwhp car of similar weight/gearing, then the blame rests on the driver of th 450rwhp car ;)

Rick99HuggerZvert
06-15-2007, 09:55 AM
The mustang dyno run was with the shot progressing from 25% at 3000 to 99% at 5800. I DID GET RID OF THE PROGRESSION!
I am now running 100% shot from 3000 to 5800.
I don't know about the numbers.. I know mustang dyno's show lower than dyno jets, I did check the jets, they are right at what NX says for 150 shot.
I am pretty sure that I am really putting down well more than what those numbers show.
I do think the shot is right judging that my time went down from a best of 13.8 to 12.5 my MPH also went up from 101 to almost 115. I think that's about the right gain for a 150 shot.

This 01 cobra has run high 11's with another driver, but the owner can't drive!
I did beat him before, might beat him again, who knows.
His next mod should be driving school!!!
Mine should definitely be DR's and a stall, the I think 11's should be no problem.
As far as the times, I don't know if the air here just sucks or what (Erie, PA, right on Lake Erie, like 1500ft over sea level, but the humidity gets horrible!)
I raced a friend with a stock 04 GTO a4 that the best time he ever ran was a 14.3... the same day I ran my 13.8 NA so I did put down quite a bit better time than an almost new LS1 that was rated at 350hp vs my 305 rating (I only had a lid and catback) (I also know the ratings are crap)
Being a vert, I think our weights are probably close. I think my engine is running strong enough.

01yellacobra
06-15-2007, 10:20 AM
This 01 cobra has run high 11's with another driver, but the owner can't drive!
I did beat him before, might beat him again, who knows.
His next mod should be driving school!!!

Hi Rick,
To set the record straight, my car hasn't, and probably won't go 11s with its current setup. I went a 12.5x last year at about 115 with a 1.75 60 ft.

When we raced I think I cut a 1.95 60'.

For the record, I do have a solid axle, but no front suspension mods. I am on MT Drag Radials, and you are too cheap to buy a set, so thats your fault. I do have a bunch of stereo stuff in the trunk, and I haven't pulled out my hydraulics for my ragtop to reduce weight, like you have. And, I didn't have to chase a rodent out of my car in the Burger King parking lot, like you did last year. Your next mod should be a mouse trap.......

PS. Hello everyone.

wickedwarlock
06-15-2007, 10:40 AM
The one on my lap wasn't too bad, other than the coke-bottle glasses she was wearing made her eyes so big she looked like an ostridge. But I wasn't looking at her face too much. :jest:

:funny: :funny: :funny: Damn, I laughed so hard people was asking me at work what I was laughing at. :D That's good stuff right there! :jest: :jest:

Rick99HuggerZvert
06-15-2007, 10:57 AM
These were his replies::

Rick, Ride along with me and watch the boost gauge...

its not like I strapped on a small pullied blower and shoot it with methanol, and hope it works. The car spent hours on the dyno zeroing it in......
Air Fuel is about 11.5 to 1, the timing is fine, and the air intake charge temps are actually lower than all of the 03-04 Cobras that Mike has had on the dyno....my only concern is pump failure on the methanol injecton for a prolonged period at boost.......if that happens, well, I'll go to an intercooled setup....

and

blah, blah, blah,

words of the uninformed, what color is his IROC?

Let him know it if I crack a piston, or snap a rod, I DON"T CARE, I'll put another motor in it.

I copied waht you said about his mach motor, and sent it to him in an email.

Well, if you run fuzions, you will loose. He is running roughly 450 RWHP on DR's with a solid rear setup. That is a mid - high 11 second car. Traction maynot be a problem on your setup, but your setup is a mid 12 car. You need better tractino, and no progressive to have a shot.

HOWEVER............. If that guy REALLY is running a stock mach long block NON-IC with 11 psi.......he will probably blow his motor prior to reaching the 1320 feet. I am no stranger to what this guy has.........he is a ticking time bomb EVEN with the meth inj. But....he probably thinks he is very safe, which is isn't. Meth only helps...it does NOT take place of I/C setup. If he had an I/C and running Meth inj. then I would say he would be slightly pushing it at 11-12 psi, but overall ok.

BTW - the forged crank is standard in a mach motor that was put in a car with an M5.

Sorry, I just can't believe what some people do to their cars. Why would he go through all that time and trouble to through in a motor that is a time bomb?

ponygt65
06-15-2007, 12:20 PM
These were his replies::

Rick, Ride along with me and watch the boost gauge...

its not like I strapped on a small pullied blower and shoot it with methanol, and hope it works. The car spent hours on the dyno zeroing it in......
Air Fuel is about 11.5 to 1, the timing is fine, and the air intake charge temps are actually lower than all of the 03-04 Cobras that Mike has had on the dyno....my only concern is pump failure on the methanol injecton for a prolonged period at boost.......if that happens, well, I'll go to an intercooled setup....

and

blah, blah, blah,

words of the uninformed, what color is his IROC?

Let him know it if I crack a piston, or snap a rod, I DON"T CARE, I'll put another motor in it.

I copied waht you said about his mach motor, and sent it to him in an email.

EDITED........you can have him contact me via here. I had a long response but realize he probably thinks I am a Chevy guy with his 'What color is his IROC?' comment.

Rick99HuggerZvert
06-15-2007, 12:42 PM
EDITED........you can have him contact me via here. I had a long response but realize he probably thinks I am a Chevy guy with his 'What color is his IROC?' comment.

I sent him one back with your sig and told him that your "iroc" suprisingly looks a lot like his old mach did!!!!!!......

I know next to nothing about ford motors, so I'm going to stay away from this one, but the conversation should be interesting if he gets on here!!!

01yellacobra
06-15-2007, 12:46 PM
I can't believe anyone cares about this enough to read or respond, hey Rick, did you tell all your friends on LS1TECH that you are convinced you own the car Brad Pitt stole from the Airport in the movie Fight Club?????

Rick99HuggerZvert
06-15-2007, 01:20 PM
I can't believe anyone cares about this enough to read or respond, hey Rick, did you tell all your friends on LS1TECH that you are convinced you own the car Brad Pitt stole from the Airport in the movie Fight Club?????

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70843

WOW........... yes I did!!!!!!!!
Not my fault my car is a rare color, and the fact that it is in a movie would catch my eye....... (I do really doubt it is mine... but it's fun to think it might be)
unlike yours which everytime I drive by the local walmart I see a few yella mustangs parked in the employee parking section!!!!

FYI: I am in the process of building a stereo for mine, only removed the ragtop hydraulics because they didn't work anyways and I am cleaning up my trunk area to make for a cleaner stereo/nitrous install. I plan on building my speaker box and amp rack to be easily removable for when I go to the track!!

no excuses....... if your car has more power, but you lose......... you still lose.... and as far as any weight reduction. RUN WHATCHA BRUNG!!!!!!!!

Rick99HuggerZvert
06-15-2007, 01:22 PM

I just realized that he is on here.... I didn't see his post. He is 01yellacobra
This could get interesting......

SickSixSpeed
06-15-2007, 02:41 PM
shits weak.

ponygt65
06-15-2007, 02:46 PM
shits weak.

um......what is exactly weak.

Rick - no bashing here....we did the right thing and took it to PMs. :)

Rick99HuggerZvert
06-15-2007, 03:34 PM
I think it would have been more interesting to watch... plus I might have learned a few things....
He's a cool guy, always fun to talk/argue cars with, and race, good competition. it's no fun beating a car you know you can/should beat. It's a lot more fun running someone when the race should be close!

Wants an LS1
06-16-2007, 12:34 AM
IDK whats weirder, the fact this thread is a year old, or i remember reading it a year ago...

SickSixSpeed
06-17-2007, 06:22 PM
um......what is exactly weak.

the fact that no one else thinks he should have dynoed way more than 361rwhp.

ponygt65
06-17-2007, 10:59 PM

Gotcha.

Rick99HuggerZvert
06-18-2007, 09:03 AM

I really don't know about that one. It was on a mustang dyno.... and the 150 shot was set progressing from 25% at 3000rpm to 99% at 5800 rpm. That has been removed and I now run the 150 shot 100% the entire time.
I'm sure I could dyno better, but I don't care that much about a dyno sheet, more about 1/4 times and traps.

I did race a 97 h/c/i full bolt 6spd on T/A Saturday. They said it dyno'd at 450hp
They need some more time behind the wheel... missing shifts, and traction problems. Their best run was 13.49 @109, 2.13 60ft mine was 12.78 @ 114.1
with a 2.199 60ft.

I kept trying launching differently, preloading and launching harder (it is an a4) but could not get any 60ft times better than 2.199..............
I'm trapping over 114mph.... I would think that would mean I am in the mid 400hp mark. Yes I know.... stall and drag radials........ stall and drag radials...........
I kind-of hope the 01 cobra does beat me when we race just so it will motivate me to do a few more mods so I can get back ahead of him!!!

wickedwarlock
06-19-2007, 07:03 AM
I really don't know about that one. It was on a mustang dyno.... and the 150 shot was set progressing from 25% at 3000rpm to 99% at 5800 rpm. That has been removed and I now run the 150 shot 100% the entire time.
I'm sure I could dyno better, but I don't care that much about a dyno sheet, more about 1/4 times and traps.

I did race a 97 h/c/i full bolt 6spd on T/A Saturday. They said it dyno'd at 450hp
They need some more time behind the wheel... missing shifts, and traction problems. Their best run was 13.49 @109, 2.13 60ft mine was 12.78 @ 114.1
with a 2.199 60ft.

I kept trying launching differently, preloading and launching harder (it is an a4) but could not get any 60ft times better than 2.199..............
I'm trapping over 114mph.... I would think that would mean I am in the mid 400hp mark. Yes I know.... stall and drag radials........ stall and drag radials...........
I kind-of hope the 01 cobra does beat me when we race just so it will motivate me to do a few more mods so I can get back ahead of him!!!

450hp transam, I don't think so, trapping only 109, did it spin all the way down the track, lol?

Rick99HuggerZvert
06-19-2007, 01:33 PM
450hp transam, I don't think so, trapping only 109, did it spin all the way down the track, lol?

I jutt checked with another guy that was there....... he said that the owner said it dyno'd 425....
it was a 11:1 compression LT1 with P&P heads, cam, full exhaust, full bolt-on, etc... he didn't seem to know too much about the car, or how to drive it.. but hey, we all gotta start learning somewhere!!
trapping 109? I don't know but I'm sure shifting way early or way late would affect trap speed some....
I don't know how much they spun on that run.. but they did have a 15 second run that was like at 80mph...... that one they spun thru 1 and 2 and blew shifts i think 1 and 2........
The car also kept having smoke come out of the exhaust... they didn't know why but just kept running it to see if it would clear up.... it got a little better but never went away... car has 800mi on the new engine..... they said they will be out there a lot this year, so hopefully by the end of the year they will improve everything! It was a beautiful car....