Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Question about TT2s

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 11:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Question about TT2s

Im planning on the 17x11's in back and 17x9.5. But i hear that the 17x11's have problems fitting? I have a stock z28 year 2000. Thats what the guy at big O said. And anyone know of a cheap place to get some Ar TT2's? I been doing a ton of planning and i keep running in to new questions. So heres all me questions if you guys dont mind taking a look at.

How much does the TT'2 polished alum weigh?
How much does the Stock silver ZR1s weigh?
Do the 17x11's fit on a stock z28?
are the 18x11 better rims? do they look better?
Weres a cheap place to get rims.
Will i need new lug nuts with the TT'2?
Are all alum rims hard to clean?
If i need a new parts to make the wheels fit , what parts do i need?

Now i looked for the answers but the wheel weights make no sence. I dont understand how all alum wheels weight more then solid steal wheels.

Thanks,
Old 07-07-2006, 01:45 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put TT2's on my car yesterday and I thought I was gonna have to do some beating and cutting so I bought a big *** hammer and a dremmel and didn't have to do ****! I run BFG drag radials 275/40/17 and they are a little wider than a normal tire or nittos. I put them on the 11's and it looks sweet! Its stretched out and looks good. My wheels went right on and I didn't mod nothing. Here is a tip. When mounting those wheels put the jack under your rearend and pick up the whole back end and you wont have any trouble with bump stops either. I bought mine off Ebay for like $750 and they arrived in 4 days! The wheels are nice! I got the 9's in the front and 11's in the back shipped for about $900. I think the seller is Rons rims. I just did a search for TT2's and they pop up. I have a black 98 WS6 and I wasn't sure about the look of them but once I put them on, everybody says they look good and I like them too. Those 11's look DEEP! On your other questions.........you dont have to change you lugs, you can put the chrome plastic caps on them. I just bought chrome lugs, they look better. I think the front weighs the same as WS6 wheels but I heard the back weighed like 4lbs. more. I couldn't tell by picking them up, but thats what I seen somewhere on here. I hope this helps, good luck.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Cool man thanks alot. You answerd about everything., Im just wondering how alum weighs more then steal?
Old 07-07-2006, 11:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBenz
Cool man thanks alot. You answerd about everything., Im just wondering how alum weighs more then steal?

The stock wheels are aluminum, and weight less. My TTII's weigh 22.5lbs 17X9.5 and 24lbs 17X11 without tires mounted.
Old 07-07-2006, 07:20 PM
10 Second Fun Car

If I remember correctly I had 17x9.5 TT2 with 275 40 17 KDWS weighed 5lbs more than my stock wheel with 255 50 16 bfg drag radial. Not much different.