Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I got killed by BubbaBFP

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 04:45 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got killed by BubbaBFP

Good runs that night. I was suppose to race a WRX but he took his time to show up at the race spot. I was bored and wanted to try out my new Luk clutch and rebuilt tranny. Clutch had like 200 miles on it. We lined up, warmed up the nittos. Out of the hole the clutch decided the grab really well, got a little sideways, but hooked up right away, chirped the Nittos going into second gear. Bubba on the other hand, had a perfect launch. He got me by like a car out of the hole. By the end he was ahead by 3-4 cars.

We raced again. This time Bubba decided to not warm up the 315 Nittos. I warmed them up. We get flagged, I hook up decently. I could of done better. Bubba spins the Nittos, but by the end of the 1/4 mile he gets ahead by a car. Not bad, im satisfied with the results. Clutch grabbed very nicely. Everyone else was saying he was gonna slaughter HARD.. (rastarajah :p)

I ended up racing the WRX that night. They claim they are stock. But we know he is running full exhaust, no cats, intake, tune, and has a boost controller, on race gas. Anyways, we lined them up, he kicks my *** out of the hole. He took his time getting ready while I sat there waiting for his *** revved up fora good 30 seconds. I ran him down. By the time I got to 80mph I blew past him, and by 110 I easily had 3+ cars. He goes back telling everyone that I passed him after the 1/4. The guy is about 4'8, so I ask him wtf was that **** about. He was waaay behind me by the time I hit 110, my 1/4 mile time. He seems scared and doesnt say anything. (same **** they said when BubbaBFP raced their EVO)

We raced again, but my clutch decided to over heat and slip Off the line the car didint go anywhere. So i diidnt even bother. So he took that one.

After I took the car out for a little drive to cool down the clutch we tried again. He revved up his car and right as we are flagged. Me and rastarajah hear the WRX's tranny take a ****... so that was that. He broke down. I guess I won that one.

Well that was that. The clutch seems to be back to normal. Ill take it easy lol. Turned out to be a good night. Good race Bubba!

http://salinasracing.com/videos/wrxvsace.wmv

Last edited by AcE XBOX; 07-08-2006 at 06:49 PM.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:04 AM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow a WRX blowing a tranny...who woulda thunk it.

nice runs dood.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:22 AM
Teching In

Sounds like a dumbass who doesn't know how to preload the drivetrain while launching.

Nice kill and death..
Old 07-07-2006, 08:46 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
Sounds like a dumbass who doesn't know how to preload the drivetrain while launching.

Nice kill and death..

He bought a WRX after all (Dumb ***)... ROFL

J/K dude.

BTW nice runs against Bubba and the WRX.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:11 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ActionJack
He bought a WRX after all (Dumb ***)... ROFL

J/K dude.

BTW nice runs against Bubba and the WRX.
Well I can somewhat agree. You gotta know the limitation of a car and clearly this guy didn't. If you want to 1/4 mile race buy a car built for it.

I picked up mine cause my long time GF has two kids so I needed a 4door. I live in NEPA so having AWD was nice and I wanted something quick. But in the end I know I'm not going to get more then 340awhp without a motor and tranny swap and even if I get 340 I'm going to have to baby it most of the time.

Some people just don't know this and think their going to have a 600awhp WRX.

And if anyone with 600rwhp wants to race me. I'm more then willing. In the snow, up hill.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:38 AM
TECH Addict

Well I can somewhat agree. You gotta know the limitation of a car and clearly this guy didn't. If you want to 1/4 mile race buy a car built for it.

I picked up mine cause my long time GF has two kids so I needed a 4door. I live in NEPA so having AWD was nice and I wanted something quick. But in the end I know I'm not going to get more then 340awhp without a motor and tranny swap and even if I get 340 I'm going to have to baby it most of the time.

Some people just don't know this and think their going to have a 600awhp WRX.

And if anyone with 600rwhp wants to race me. I'm more then willing. In the snow, up hill.
I can get a 2006 Audi S4 for that
Old 07-07-2006, 12:57 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ActionJack
I can get a 2006 Audi S4 for that
That sir is cheating.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:57 PM
On The Tree

Nice kill and death..
on the last run I heard him hit the revv limiter a few times, so he definetly was launching extremely high.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:49 PM
12 Second Club

Hehe good runs ace! i dont know why people say im going to Kill you, i tell them we aint too far apart from each other you got one healthy Z! i mean i probably got liike 2mph~ on you in the quarter, not even close to beat you by 6+cars! lol

Oh and very nice DEATH to the WRX LMAO!
Old 07-07-2006, 10:55 PM
12 Second Club

Nice kill and death..
Some guy in that same crew has a WRX with STI turbo and some other stuff and a hardcore tune for like 600$+ from a shop called groupe-s, i heard they are the ***** in AWD cars. He challenged me and i had to perform surgery on it. BTW the crew is called
"Team Rising Suns" is that a gay name or what?
Old 07-08-2006, 01:26 PM
On The Tree

"Rising Suns" The fastest team is Salinas..... ******* ricers. I wish I had a picture of the WRX. 1 down 2 to go. And im gonna slaughter Jesse in his jdm sti turbo wrx. Hey Bubba, did you know he has nitrous?
Old 07-08-2006, 01:43 PM
On The Tree

Here's a pic of "Rising Suns" I raced the black one.

He is the owner of the black WRX... midget racers!

3 "Rising Suns" members. Fucken ridiculous. The guy in the white shirt in the middle is like 5'8 100lbs. LOL! The guy with the sun glasses is about the same.

Thats the incredible WRX with an sti turbo, nitrous, 700 dollar tune, full exhaust, intake, no cats, jdm yo! The owner of that car is the guy on the left.

Anybody wanna race them?
Old 07-08-2006, 02:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just crapped my pants I was so scared
Old 07-08-2006, 02:17 PM
Teching In

Lol!!!!!
Old 07-08-2006, 06:03 PM
Staging Lane

hahaha omg that hella funny. i have a vid of me smoking the yellow evo but i dont have the wire to upload it from my camera to my comp. good kills though. we should set something up one time id love to come down there it seems cool no drama or cops
Old 07-08-2006, 06:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

oh my gawd instant classic. let the photoshopping begin/
Old 07-08-2006, 06:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by irockid
hahaha omg that hella funny. i have a vid of me smoking the yellow evo but i dont have the wire to upload it from my camera to my comp. good kills though. we should set something up one time id love to come down there it seems cool no drama or cops
LOL!!!! You're the black Camaro that raped the yellow EVO? LOLOLOL!!!!!

One of their buddies was telling me "yea man this crazy arabian guy with a camaro like yours smoked the **** out of the Evo. The Evo beat him out of the hole but a second later the Camaro passed him and smoked him"

There is cops. But from what I heard in San Jo its really bad. Its not that bad here. Last night we ran in another town. In Hollister. It was cool. A looong drive to get to the spot though. But only like 2 cars passed by the hour and a half we were out there.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:48 PM
On The Tree

Here's the video

http://salinasracing.com/videos/wrxvsace.wmv
Old 07-09-2006, 12:49 PM
TECH Regular

Good kills man. I have tamed the ricers in my area. It is good to have my mullet mobile held in awe. lol I have to go cannible if I want good runs.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:05 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Confused...ever race that 1000?

SDB