first time being pulled over in TX, lucked out!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 07:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Talking first time being pulled over in TX, lucked out!

going down winscott rd in benbrook (aka one of hte biggest speedtraps in Tarrant Co.). cop pulls a U-turn to follow me. after i pull into a residential street, he pulls me over for going 49 in a 40. (and thats only because i slowed down cuz my radar detector goes off). he says he got me on radar, but i didnt think they could get an accurate reading while they are moving... btu whatever...

i go through all the courtesies: roll down windows, turn off car, both hands on wheel. i give him my TX DL and concealed weapons permit, and my MA registration (yes, i'm still on my MA plates and insurance after 7 months, and yes i know you're supposed to get it changed in 30 days, and yes i know you're not supposed to be able to get a TX DL until you have your car changed over, and yes this makes me nervous to drive around like this)

he asks if i know how fast i was going BEFORE i slammed on my brakes... i say i dunno. when he says 49, i was kinda relieved, cuz i was going like 70 before i slowed down . at this point, i thoguht i was fucked.

he asks me if i have my weapon on me, and where it is. i tell him i do, and ask if he wants to see it (more so hoping that he'll think my gun is cool and let me go, rather than looking out for his safety ). he says no (which shocks me, cuz in MA, i'd already have my hands on the roof getting searched).

he goes to his car, and comes back 30 seconds later... he's confused about how my MA registration IS my proof of insurance. i do my best to explain it to him. he goes to his car, and comes back another 30 seconds later and says 'ok, i'm gonna take your word that your insurance is valid and i'm going to let you go with a verbal warning. drive safe and have a nice day'.

i couldn't ******* believe it!!! i have never once in my life gotten a verbal warning (i always at LEAST get written warnings), and i have never once in my life had a cop talk to me like a human being. man, i better buy a lottery ticket before the night is over
Old 07-08-2006, 07:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Outstanding!
Old 07-08-2006, 07:25 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Cool Deal
Old 07-08-2006, 07:44 PM
Banned

HAHA i bet its becuase Simple quick racing is on that street and daniel comes flooring outta there lol and so does all his customers
Old 07-08-2006, 08:58 PM
Banned

if you're going to be going down Winscott a lot, slow your *** down, i don't want your ignorant *** running into my **** because you're hauling *** like a moron
Old 07-08-2006, 10:31 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by skipperbisket
if you're going to be going down Winscott a lot, slow your *** down, i don't want your ignorant *** running into my **** because you're hauling *** like a moron
wow... a little hostile there...
Old 07-10-2006, 09:24 PM
Banned

not really, just don't like idiots hauling *** up and down roads that they shouldn't be.... if you don't like that we have rules here and expect our citizens to act reasonably then maybe you should take your *** back up north.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:29 PM
11Second Club

A buddy of mine was pulled over in his Mustang, and the cop told him that the only reason he didn't receive a ticket was because he had his concealed handgun license and that he was carrying at the time. He told him that had he not had the gun on him, he would have gotten a ticket.

My cousin had the same experience, but the cop didn't outright say it. However, when he saw the CHL, he almost immediately let him go... on three very valid tickets.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:07 AM
TECH Addict

not really, just don't like idiots hauling *** up and down roads that they shouldn't be.... if you don't like that we have rules here and expect our citizens to act reasonably then maybe you should take your *** back up north.
so you've never driven over the speed limit in your life? if you say anything otherwise, then you have a problem telling the truth.

and FYI, one of the reasons i left MA was to escape an oppressive gov't with a shithole political atmosphere and where the highways and roadways are essentially nothing but speedtraps.

speed does not cause accidents, unsafe driving causes accidents. just look at germany, who has traffic enforcement policies that the US should be taking note on... but i doubt you could do that cuz that would involve free thinking. and if you cant think for yourself and question authority, then maybe you should "take your ***" to some country where thats considered proper behavior for citizens... like red china.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:12 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Gauge
He told him that had he not had the gun on him, he would have gotten a ticket.
what would having a CHL and carrying a gun have anything to do with not getting a ticket... besides the fact that it shows that you are a generally law abiding citizen cuz you have to have a clean criminal record to get a CHL?
Old 07-11-2006, 09:36 AM
BP
TECH Enthusiast

Benbrook cops are usually pretty cool. Drive through in an old Cutlass with wire wheels though and they'll pull you over for going 1mph over. Odds are someone speeding in a Firehawk probably isn't going to be robbing one of the stores or breaking into a house.

If they think you are there to commit a crime then they'll be really hard on you. If you've got a felony or they think they can pin one on you then you'll be going to jail. Drugs in the car? Yeah, you'll definitely be spending the night in jail.

70 is way too fast on Winscott. I'm not saying I haven't done it but everywhere but around the lake side it's usually congested and has sidewalks and cross walks. Not too mention a cyclist lane is about to be added. You may be the best driver in the world but that doesn't mean you can stop when someone pulls out in front of you thinking you are going 40. I've seen dozens of wrecks on that street and pretty much every one of them has been attributed to excessive speed.

I've been to Germany and have ridden on the Autobahn. You can't speed in the cities because the roads are so narrow and you never know whats around the turn. On the bahns they have speed limits for construction areas but if it's wide open then yeah no speed limit. You also can't drive until you're 18 and they don't give anyone with a pulse and car keys a license. That and the faster roads are specifically designed for high speed travel with flat smooth lanes and very long turns. You don't have entrance and exit ramps every 2 miles either.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gauge
A buddy of mine was pulled over in his Mustang, and the cop told him that the only reason he didn't receive a ticket was because he had his concealed handgun license and that he was carrying at the time. He told him that had he not had the gun on him, he would have gotten a ticket.

My cousin had the same experience, but the cop didn't outright say it. However, when he saw the CHL, he almost immediately let him go... on three very valid tickets.
man i guess i need to get a gun and CHL lol, i think i've gotten one warning in my life and that was for a seatbelt ticket.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

I will tell u why u did not get a ticket,, U DONT DRIVE AN IMPORT!!!!!!!!!! simple as that.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by my number 1 hater
I will tell u why u did not get a ticket,, U DONT DRIVE AN IMPORT!!!!!!!!!! simple as that.
I thought he was in the Firehawk? If he was in a import than yes that's why he got a warning. The only warning i got was in my daily driver S10, if i was in the TA it would have gone a different way for sure.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:20 PM
Banned

where in my post did i say that i have never speed? i have speed, but doing 70 in a 40, thats stupid, speeding 10 over, thats ok if the conditions are fitting, and maybe even more speed if the road is built for it. but Winscott is not. i can't wait to see you driving on it like that, call to the BPD every damn time i see it happening with that black hawk. btw, did you guys know that there are no legal speed limits in the state of Texas, just a reasonable presumptive speed.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:42 PM
TECH Addict

where in my post did i say that i have never speed? i have speed, but doing 70 in a 40, thats stupid, speeding 10 over, thats ok if the conditions are fitting, and maybe even more speed if the road is built for it. but Winscott is not. i can't wait to see you driving on it like that, call to the BPD every damn time i see it happening with that black hawk. btw, did you guys know that there are no legal speed limits in the state of Texas, just a reasonable presumptive speed.
in all honesty, based on where the cop saw me (the start of the residential part of the street), its not even possible to take that turn at 70mph. i seriously doubt i was going over 55 before the turn, because he got me as i was rounding it... and since he claimed to have zapped me at 49 BEFORE i hit the brakes, that means i slowed down hardly anything before he got me, cuz i hit the brakes the moment the radar detector went off.

so anyways, i'm not going to argue with you, or even dispute the fact that going 70 in a residential area is absurdly stupid, and no, i woudlnt do that. i was only driving fast in the non residential area, in the short stretch between lakeside drive and residential part of winscott, which as you know, is pretty desolate. it makes sense that when someone says 'winscott', you think the residential part, so i guess its my fault for not being perfectly clear where i was, cuz that does indeed change the situation.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:48 PM
Banned

i'll ask again...WHERE DID I SAY THAT I HAVE NEVER SPED BEFORE?
Old 07-13-2006, 10:08 PM
TECH Addict

i'll ask again...WHERE DID I SAY THAT I HAVE NEVER SPED BEFORE?
you didn't, but you were pretty quick to crucify someone for something that you only had vague discription of. you stated "if you don't like that we have rules here and expect our citizens to act reasonably then maybe you should take your *** back up north." 'obeying the rules' implies that you disagree with even exceeding the speedlimit by 1mph. and who are you do define what 'act reasonably' means when you only had a vague discription of the scenario? is 5 over reasonable? 10? zero? all you knew was the street and taht i was speeding... you didnt know what part of the street i was on, or what the time of day or traffic level was

in one sentence, you made youself judge, jury, and executioner... thus, based on your statement, you implied that you have never sped before. cuz if you ever have, that means that you 'dont like the rules' and should therefore 'take your ***' out of the state.

i'm just looking for some consistency here. you know what they say... 'those who live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones'.