Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

fitting a firehawk hood on a non-firehawk

Old 07-09-2006, 02:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fitting a firehawk hood on a non-firehawk

Well its been a 6 month affair but this week I'll finally have my firehawk hood put on my formula. Who all has had this done to their birds and what exactly is involved. My body shop is good but they don't have much of an idea of cost to fitting things because I said that you have to trim the bumper a little. Is it just those little tabs that stick out a little or is it more than that. Will the whole alignment and trimming be any more that 3 hours worth of work. Please help out with previous experiences. I believe louie83 is the only one I know of on here that has had this done but there may very well be more. Thats the day I'll have my firehawk wheels put on too. No firehawk badges though I don't want to upset or lie about my car.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well I'm glad you don't want to put firehawk badges on your car. Sounds like it will be lookin' good once you're done! Okay for the hood there are plenty of people on here who have put firehawk hoods on non-ramair cars. AFAIK you just have to cut the very front center portion of the bumper/fascia to get the firehawk(also called raptor) hood to close. I'm 99% sure the firebird bumper and the trans am bumper are identical as far as the top section where they meet the hood. Other than that it should bolt right up. I can't imagine a body shop taking anywhere near 3 hours to do it but I could be wrong. Good luck.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Firehawk hood is different than the Raptor by Suncoast Creations.
Firehawk hood requires the center section of the nose cut & the two outside nostril areas cut.
There was a thread about this not too long ago with some good photos of the detailed difference. Try a few searches & see if you can find'em.
I believe the Raptor hood bolts on with no modifications necessary.
Old 07-10-2006, 01:53 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, the raptor hood bolts on fine, just a lot of adjusting to get it to line up right.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:11 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are worried about cuttin up your bumper you can also buy the firehawk front bumper cover to replace your one now. It already is made to accomodate the hawk hood

Search this Thread