Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I don't know what to do anymore...

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 04:44 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I don't know what to do anymore...

First off, about 3 weeks ago my car started shaking terribly and I thought it was the throwout bearing. I had the clutch, throwout bearing, and slave cylinder replaced and it still had the problem. I changed all the plugs and wires, and traced the problem to a broken pushrod. I replaced the pushrod and car ran fine for about 1 day, then today I was going and all of a sudden the oil pressure pegged the gauge, and the car died. I pushed it to the side of the road and the car will crank but not start. I got a OBDII scanner and scanned it, and somehow EVERY ******* coil is bad. Its throwing codes P0351 all the way to P0358, which is "Ignition coil primary/secondary circuit malfunction".

Now my car is dead on the side of the road, and I really don't know what to do anymore. I have no clue what could have caused every coil to go bad, and I have no clue why the oil pressure is so damn high.

If anyone has any suggestions that would be great, but I've pretty much decided to get rid of the car at this point.

Thanks
-Scott
Old 07-09-2006, 04:49 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like you've got electrical problems of some sort. Did you check all the fuses? Maby the coil harness wasn't plugged back in correctly. Did you mess with the grounds? Did you check the fuses? There's a fuse that controlls the coil packs for each bank.

You are missing either fuel or spark, the problem is not that bad once you start narrowing it down.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

first thing that came to my mind was what theblurls1 said

"Maby the coil harness wasn't plugged back in correctly"
Old 07-10-2006, 09:50 AM
Tech Resident

i agree. if you took off the coils to change your plugs and wires, you very well could have installed it incorrectly and vibrated it loose with driving?
Old 07-10-2006, 10:27 AM
12 Second Club

no nothing is loose...

Also, the oil pressure is pegged at like 90psi, or whatever pegged would be on the gauge. And its down like 2 quarts of oil somehow, no idea where it went just did an oil change 2k miles ago with 5k synthetic mobil one....
Old 07-10-2006, 10:47 AM
That's what she said...

Well the oil pressure sending unit is at the very end of the oil galley, so if something was jammed in before it, it would read lower pressure.

I'd take the valve covers back off and inspect everything. Remove ALL the rockers/p-rods and replace with OEM stuff if something is trashed. Re-assemble and make sure the coil packs are secured then try it. If it woudn't fire then, I'd try another set of coils if the fuse was good. Have a friend with an LS1/LS6? Borrow their ****.

You can put your finger on the injectors and feel them pulse, which should tell you if you're getting fuel, if you have fuel pressure that is.

You did check the fuses right?
Old 07-10-2006, 12:05 PM
12 Second Club

I havent had time to get the ignition fuse out and check it so i'll do that tonight.

I just dont understand why the oil pressure is so hig, and where all of the oil went??

I was thinkin it could be the timing chain, in which case the crank would turn but no valves would open?

I dont know though... So unless its something small, then the car is going and I'll buy a newer one with low miles i guess.

Thanks for the replies
-Scott
Old 07-10-2006, 12:15 PM
11 Second Club

have faith in your vehicle, what if when you were born the doctor said, oh he's blue, just throw him out. gotta give her a lot of love and time if you want to feel proud of her
Old 07-10-2006, 01:03 PM
That's what she said...

Check ALL the fuses, it's free.

Our cars like to drink a little oil, but 2quarts in 2k miles is kind-of-alot. 1 quart per 3k is not too uncommon. The guage pegging out sounds guage cluster related. An electrical gremlin might be taking over your car! Those things can be hard to find, but they are usually traced out to a single problem.
Old 07-10-2006, 01:25 PM
12 Second Club

well i noticed that the oil pressure was VERY high earlier in the day, I just figured cuz it was the first day the car was running right in 3 weeks... It was at like 45 at idle and if i gave it any gas it woudl jump up to like 55 or 65, and up at like 3k rpms it was at like 70 or 75...

Like I said though, I'll check the fuse later when I get home and if its not that I dont know...

Thanks
-Scott
Old 07-11-2006, 05:31 PM
On The Tree

thats a fairly normal idle pressure and running pressure. 70-75 maybe not?? I would do all the little things to see whats up..pull valve covers, check plugs, check grounds and fuses..etc. At least the motor isnt locked up, so take your time and find whats up..I'm thinking its something stupid for some reason..electrical?