Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

a little fun with a C5 vert

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 10:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default a little fun with a C5 vert

so i was out driving around tonight and i got behind this C5 vert that was driving 55 or so on this country road and was going to pass him casually just dropping it into 4th and when i did that he floored it and took off so i backed off and he slowed back down to about 55 again and was waiting for the next open stretch of road

so anyway we made it to this open stretch of road and went for it again, well i dropped her to 3rd this time and about the time i hit 3rd i see his tail drop and figured its on now well i got up next to him and just kept creeping by him i didn't get to see his face but i imagine he wasn't too happy i dont think it had any mods and seemed to me it was an auto so maybe pulling him wasn't too big of an accomplishment but oh well

that made my night i dont get mess around with too many other f-bodies or vettes let alone beat a car that should pull my lt1 especially on top end although i have no doubt if it had gone a bit longer the aerodynamics would have played their role

have fun and flame away people

Last edited by 1994Z28Lt1; 07-09-2006 at 10:30 PM.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:30 PM
Launching!

Nice kill, but i think that C5 driver needs to learn how to drive, or not even bother racing.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:47 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You killed a C5 with a 13.9 second, 94 Z28?

Good kill ... but this has got to be one of the worst drivers in history ... ESPECIALLY if it was an auto as you believe.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:56 PM
TECH Resident

good kill, but I agree with x phantom x, either you ran a bad time or this guy was a horrible driver. a kill is a kill, and vette kills feel really good
Old 07-10-2006, 12:08 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1994Z28Lt1
so i was out driving around tonight and i got behind this C5 vert that was driving 55 or so on this country road and was going to pass him casually just dropping it into 4th and when i did that he floored it and took off so i backed off and he slowed back down to about 55 again and was waiting for the next open stretch of road

so anyway we made it to this open stretch of road and went for it again, well i dropped her to 3rd this time and about the time i hit 3rd i see his tail drop and figured its on now well i got up next to him and just kept creeping by him i didn't get to see his face but i imagine he wasn't too happy i dont think it had any mods and seemed to me it was an auto so maybe pulling him wasn't too big of an accomplishment but oh well

that made my night i dont get mess around with too many other f-bodies or vettes let alone beat a car that should pull my lt1 especially on top end although i have no doubt if it had gone a bit longer the aerodynamics would have played their role

have fun and flame away people
something was wrong with his car...
Old 07-10-2006, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Slow Vette
something was wrong with his car...

!driver ??
Old 07-10-2006, 12:16 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sigh* I miss the days when I would play with C5's Now it seems all I can play with are 350Z's and other riffraff until I get my new carburetor.
Old 07-10-2006, 12:24 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by x phantom x
!driver ??
yea the driver was toyin with him..
Old 07-10-2006, 12:28 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by x phantom x
You killed a C5 with a 13.9 second, 94 Z28?

Good kill ... but this has got to be one of the worst drivers in history ... ESPECIALLY if it was an auto as you believe.
jesus i expected to get slammed but damn

when i ran that time i had the car for about a month and it was my first time to the track and i couldn't launch worth a crap and i was shifting at about 5200 rpm instead of 5600-5700 like i do now and is a hell of a lot stronger doing that. along with a DA around 3000 and a water temp in the 210 range most of the time hotlapping

if he was in fact a crappy driver than he just figured out how much it sucks to be beat by an inferior motor and car so i took him to school on that one

its not like im saying i go out and beat vettes on a regular basis but i did beat this vette whether it was because he sucked at driving or had something wrong with his car
Old 07-10-2006, 01:17 AM
Shirley Temple Drinker

WHy did you only go to third at 55 mph? If you killed him like that, You would have slaughterd him if you went into second.
Old 07-10-2006, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by 1994Z28Lt1
jesus i expected to get slammed but damn

when i ran that time i had the car for about a month and it was my first time to the track and i couldn't launch worth a crap and i was shifting at about 5200 rpm instead of 5600-5700 like i do now and is a hell of a lot stronger doing that. along with a DA around 3000 and a water temp in the 210 range most of the time hotlapping

if he was in fact a crappy driver than he just figured out how much it sucks to be beat by an inferior motor and car so i took him to school on that one

its not like im saying i go out and beat vettes on a regular basis but i did beat this vette whether it was because he sucked at driving or had something wrong with his car
So you ran a 13.9, in a stock LT1 f-bod, on your first time out, shifting at 5200rpms, and with a 3000 ft DA? That is actually a further stretch than the original post! Most stock LT1's I have seen run a 14 flat - low 14's .... on a good day .... at sea level ... and I assure you that they are all good drivers, and are shifting their cars properly.

Anyway, I wasn't slamming ya dude ... just alittle confused ... You have a car that is basically a full second slower in the 1/4, you ran him from a roll (advantage LS1), and you even selected the wrong gear. Just from my experience, I couldn't imagine seeing a LT1 coming from behind to edge out a C5 ....