Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

paint code question...

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 10:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default paint code question...

Ok I bought a license plate cover off here a week or two ago and it was pewter. So I take it to a place where I have had work done on my car before and I feel they are trusting. Well when I get there and they come to get the color code the guy starts looking in my middle console. I told him it was on the door and he said GMs never put it there, its always in the middle console. So when he didnt find it there he starts looking in the glove compartment and again I said I'm pretty damn sure its right here on the door and I'm even pointing at it. "Nope" he replies, "must be in the trunk". By that time I was threw my arms up and said whatever. So when he sees I have a sub in the back he starts looking around and WHOA, its on the door.

He pulled off a 4 digit code off the bottom of the sticker and i didnt think it was the paint code. I did some research and the code i thought was the paintcode was 10U. I looked it up on the internet and 10U just so happens to be Exterior, Arctic White. Is this guy a dumbass and pulled the wrong code or am I the dumbass and looked up the wrong thing?
Old 07-10-2006, 11:26 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

You are both correct - 10U is the option code for arctic white but there is also a paint code called a WA number near the bottom of the door sticker that is used for ordering paint.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Should have a "u" before or after it
Old 07-10-2006, 03:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok, well the number at the bottom is U 9567, but I'm not sure if he wrote down the "U" on the service sheet. He might have though and I just missed it. I just wanted to make sure of this, thanks for the response.

Quick Reply: paint code question...