Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

mr2 kill, i think he's upset

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 11:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry mr2 kill, i think he's upset

I went out tonight just to drive around since I didnt get to drive around earlier in the day due to studying. Right out of the parking lot I see an older mr-2 and decide to play around. I follow him to highway 6 (about 100 yards from my apartment) and give chase. I get up next to him and goose it a couple of times. He is stuck behind a slower car so I end up passing him. Now he is the one in pursuit. He gets up next to me and finally the road clears completely. I hear him give it gas not sure if he was w.o.t. so i just stayed with him. Finally with nothing happening I hit it and pull pretty hard. I get 4-5 lengths by the time i hit around 120, (punch was at like 80-90) and i let off. He comes up fast behind me and stays on my tail. Now this is where he pisses me off. As I exited he followed and was all over my tail. I couldnt even see his headlights. He now gets next to me and swurved at me. So i get over a bit further to the left, basically as far as I could with this 2 lane feeder. I was about to give him thumbs up before he did this wierd crap. I look over and he just kinda stares and me and then speeds up and turns right at the light. Now I figure I'll let him be if he is going to be an *** about it and I u-turned back onto the highway.

I know it wasnt the nicest of kills but i just wanted to rant about this ***. I'm not sure if he was having a bad day or just mad he lost. I mean if he didn't want to race he didnt have to follow me and line up etc. I would have just kept going.

Last edited by imnotplutonium; 07-10-2006 at 08:52 AM.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:38 PM
Banned

Sounds like you initiated the race.
Did you guys even get side by side?
Did he look like he wanted to run?

Originally Posted by imnotplutonium
follow him to highway 6 and give chase. I get up next to him and goose it a couple of times. and finally the road clears completely. i hear him give it gas not sure if he was wot so i just stayed with him. finally with nothing happening I hit it and pull pretty hard.
I know it wasnt the nicest of kills but i just wanted to rant about this ***.
You need to work on your grammar, and I have to say, this story is a little shallow.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:48 PM
TECH Resident

yea i initiated the race. we were side by side for quite a while before I got on it. and I assumed he wanted to race because he followed me for a bit after I goosed it and passed him. then he got next to me and we were staying at 80-90 before I hit it. if he didnt want to run I would assume he would stay under the speed limit and let me keep driving without pursuing. my grammar was a bit horrid sorry. and like i said not the best kill story by far but I wanted to tell someone.
Old 07-10-2006, 01:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

That's pretty bad road etiquette on your part. IMO if you're squatting out or following people for races, you're probably going to irk someone who just had a bad day/wants to go home/is hungry/etc. Leave road races to chance run-ins instead.
Old 07-10-2006, 04:35 AM
Teching In

Hey good kill, if they want some, don't think twice about giving it to 'em.
I don't care what it is, but anyone that races me, and I don't consider it rice, I'll give em a thumbs up, for the ones that are really fast and kill me, or the ones that just need to keep on trying I give em hope.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:04 PM
On The Tree

what is it with all these DICK minded posts lately? jesus christ if it isnt someone racing a car thats not worth the gas, its the cars worth racing not racing cause they probally dont wanna run the risk on the streets or maybe they know theyll get owned....you ls1 guys...are making me NOT want an ls1 ne more lol.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Then don't get one?
Old 07-11-2006, 11:49 AM
TECH Resident

I don't own an LS1, and this basically was a chance run in. when i followed him to the highway, where I was going before I saw him, it was only like 100 yards or so away anyway. He acted like he wanted to race so I did. I have seen some fast mr-2's so I wanted to see what was up. I wasn't trying to be a dick or have bad etiquette, I just wanted to have some fun and I assumed he did too. I see no reason for him trying to run into me or jerk towards my car from the side to be constituted by losing a race. I wasn't a dick I was about to give a thumbs up but whatever.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MR2s can be very very fast, there are 600-1000hp ones running around. The 3sgte motor is a awsome power house.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:51 AM
TECH Regular

Haha yeah you need to be careful which one you pick on. Mine was a total sleeper but if I was to rev it up with you next to me, it would have scared you for sure It had a fully built motor running a GT35R. My buddy Jeff ran 11.0 @126 with the same setup letting off in 3rd. His vids are actually all over the net, he has a white MR2 and was featured in a Modified Mag. I think he's making 800+ whp right now with a GT42.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Wants an LS1
what is it with all these DICK minded posts lately? jesus christ if it isnt someone racing a car thats not worth the gas, its the cars worth racing not racing cause they probally dont wanna run the risk on the streets or maybe they know theyll get owned....you ls1 guys...are making me NOT want an ls1 ne more lol.
then get a ricer seems to go with u
Old 07-13-2006, 04:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by stangeater99
then get a ricer seems to go with u

nah, i actually am gettin an 03 cobra now lol
Old 07-13-2006, 04:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wants an LS1
nah, i actually am gettin an 03 cobra now lol
Cool, then people can read your posts and decide they dont want to buy a cobra.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chadtx01
Old 07-13-2006, 10:26 PM
Launching!

If he ran, he ran. Nice kill. If the MR2 guy did not want to run, he did not have to. He certanly was not justified in swerving like that.
In fact, damn nice kill. Put a lil **** in his place. I hate sore loosers.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chadtx01