Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Drag CRX couldnt hang

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 12:56 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drag CRX couldnt hang

this is a long one so here goes the story

there is a guy at my work who cept on talking crap how his buddy in a CRX just header, lol, and intake could beat me, he said no spray or boost. any way i got tired of him talking crap and told him to meet me one day after work and he doesnt show. this happens 2x. so today he calls me and says he wants to go today and i said what the hell.

we meet up at a kroger and go over each others car, he has header, intake (aka no air filter) he also has like no interior no back seats no carpet and a set of slicks in the back. so i begin to get a little suspicious. i ask him about what his car weighed and he said 2200lb and before the race he needed to go get some gas so he was ready for this. and i show him all i have is headers back and intake, on street tires weighing in at about 3800lb with all my seats spare tire and 1/2 tank of gas (obviously not planning on racing today).

so we get to where we were gona race and they start putting on the slicks. they wanted to race for $40 on the first race about 1/4 mile maybe a little more. so we take off and i spun my *** off and he got about a 1 1/2 car lengths before i got traction and i pulled him and beat him by 1/2 to 1 car length so we go back and agree to anouther race. and the thought that i sprayed cuz i ran him down after i finaly got traction. but we agreed to a slightly shorter race about .18-.2 mi and i racing for what i thought was $60 more when he meant 60 total if i win and i owe 20 if i loose, dumb *** ricers.

so we line up and i get a good launch and he bearly got 1/2 a car on the launch and i beat him by 1-1 1/2 cars at the end and all he did was say that i was spraying an bs. so he pays me the $60 cuz we were outnumbered so i just took the 60 instead of the 100. i told him that if he didnt believe me he could follow us to the kroger and if he found any hint of N20 then i would give him his money back and he wouldnt take me up on it so he was full of bs any way i hate ricers and i still dont think all he had was intake and header weather it was cams or heads or whatever thats not all it had.

-Josh

Last edited by Josh2006; 07-12-2006 at 01:45 AM.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:05 AM
TECH Resident

yea sounds like he had more than that to keep up with you. but those are really really light cars. good kill though. free money
Old 07-12-2006, 01:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

hell yea, i wouldve taken the money too
Old 07-12-2006, 01:42 AM
Launching!

well i dont know he may have been spraying but it dont really matter a win is a win, i guess if he wants to run again he owes me $40 before i even consider again and i will bring my slicks

-Josh
Old 07-12-2006, 07:43 AM
Staging Lane

Well, he couldn't have heads.. LOL... Anyway, probably just a motor swap with headers and an intake. They can be made quick with a motor swap. And if it was gutted on slicks... Doesn't take much power to propel a 2200 lb. car around.

BTW, I am a ricer... I'll run you for money.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:10 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LSINA7
Well, he couldn't have heads.. LOL... Anyway, probably just a motor swap with headers and an intake. They can be made quick with a motor swap. And if it was gutted on slicks... Doesn't take much power to propel a 2200 lb. car around.

I agree, 2200 pounds is light. I got a brother-in-law doing a cobra kit car. Slow project, doing it over 3 years. He just started it. He's only using a 5.0 in it. I tried to talk him into a larger one. He said, there's no need to. He said 300whp in a 2000 pound car is fast enough. I guess so, hehe. Should be interesting.

Woot, I just noticed your in VA. Damn, I got to see that beast you have. Where are you in VA?
Old 07-12-2006, 08:40 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by wickedwarlock
I agree, 2200 pounds is light. I got a brother-in-law doing a cobra kit car. Slow project, doing it over 3 years. He just started it. He's only using a 5.0 in it. I tried to talk him into a larger one. He said, there's no need to. He said 300whp in a 2000 pound car is fast enough. I guess so, hehe. Should be interesting.

Woot, I just noticed your in VA. Damn, I got to see that beast you have. Where are you in VA?

Near the North Carolina border, Martinsville, VA. Where are you?
Right now its getting a forged 347... Should be tuning it and driving it around at the end of the month.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:59 AM
Launching!

no offence on the whole ricer thing he just had me pissed off when he cept saying i had spray and there was no way i would be able to beat him with out it. they didnt know any thing about ls cars and thats what made me mad. the look on there face when we told them they have a corvette mortor was priceless.

something also tells me that that wasnt his first time to race for money and he hussles alot and thats the first time he has screwed with an LS1 and probably wont be the last he will do something to make it faster

also was interesting that he didnt have any reverse, so that car is obviously not a DD like my car.

-Josh
Old 07-12-2006, 11:02 AM
TECH Resident

Near the North Carolina border, Martinsville, VA. Where are you?
Right now its getting a forged 347... Should be tuning it and driving it around at the end of the month.
I'm in the Baltimore, MD area, but I work in DC. I should be moving soon, looking at the Pasadena, MD area. Driving 55 miles one way stinks. I've been doing it for 5 years and it's time to move.

Sweet, a new forged motor. I bet your going to FI it? Or you just going to bottle fed her. Eitherway should make it nasty.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:34 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by wickedwarlock
I'm in the Baltimore, MD area, but I work in DC. I should be moving soon, looking at the Pasadena, MD area. Driving 55 miles one way stinks. I've been doing it for 5 years and it's time to move.

Sweet, a new forged motor. I bet your going to FI it? Or you just going to bottle fed her. Eitherway should make it nasty.
I live about 5 hours from DC... Yeah, the forged motor is for some type of FI. I am just going to spray it hard now... But I really want to go either SC or Turbo later on.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:40 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Josh2006
no offence on the whole ricer thing he just had me pissed off when he cept saying i had spray and there was no way i would be able to beat him with out it. they didnt know any thing about ls cars and thats what made me mad. the look on there face when we told them they have a corvette mortor was priceless.

something also tells me that that wasnt his first time to race for money and he hussles alot and thats the first time he has screwed with an LS1 and probably wont be the last he will do something to make it faster

also was interesting that he didnt have any reverse, so that car is obviously not a DD like my car.

-Josh
Why did you tell them you had a corvette motor? To make it seem faster? You RICER!

Also, what is the point of not having reverse? Drag cars have reverse.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:02 PM
Launching!

Why did you tell them you had a corvette motor? To make it seem faster? You RICER!

Also, what is the point of not having reverse? Drag cars have reverse.
no it was after the fact and he asked what engine i had and i told him i had a stock Z28 engine and he said that this other Z28 that was with me had a corvette engine and i told him he was stupid that all Z28 and trans ams had the same corvette engine so i wasnt being ricer at all and the only reason he knew my frinds engine was a corvette cuz he has corvette fuel rail covers that happen to say corvette any way dont get offended your on a LSx web site. he just didnt know anything about our cars and said that he had beat Z28s before and we saw the vid and it was an LT1 i didnt even care to race him he was the one talkin all the trash then yelled all that bs when he lost that i was spraying and couldnt just say good race and walk away. what ever happened to good sportsmanship which is what i would have done but he was been an *** the whole time
Old 07-12-2006, 12:06 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Josh2006
no it was after the fact and he asked what engine i had and i told him i had a stock Z28 engine and he said that this other Z28 that was with me had a corvette engine and i told him he was stupid that all Z28 and trans ams had the same corvette engine so i wasnt being ricer at all and the only reason he knew my frinds engine was a corvette cuz he has corvette fuel rail covers that happen to say corvette any way dont get offended your on a LSx web site. he just didnt know anything about our cars and said that he had beat Z28s before and we saw the vid and it was an LT1 i didnt even care to race him he was the one talkin all the trash then yelled all that bs when he lost that i was spraying and couldnt just say good race and walk away. what ever happened to good sportsmanship which is what i would have done but he was been an *** the whole time

I was just screwing with you. I have had F-body guys tell me they had a transplanted Corvette motor and I can't help but laugh.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:35 PM
Launching!

thats dumb cuz you want them to think your slow so they wont heazitate to race you if you make them think your fast they will back down. just goes to show ya you dont have to drive an import to be a ricer

-Josh
Old 07-12-2006, 02:39 PM
12 Second Club

Sorry, but that beast DOES NOT qualify as a "ricer"!!
Old 07-12-2006, 06:09 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by dailydriver
Sorry, but that beast DOES NOT qualify as a "ricer"!!

I have been called a ricer many times! I love sitting in a parking lot, waiting around for someone to drive in that doesn't know the car. They preceed to talk ****, telling how they can beat everyone around. I proceed to say, "I'll run ya." They ask what I have and I say a bolt-on RX-7. I show them (Not under the hood) and they laugh, saying no imports can hang. My car is fairly old, peeling paint and had the stock wheels and old *** tires. I then crank the car and open the cutouts and 95% of the time I don't hear anything about racing them again. I love it.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:04 AM
TECH Resident

I live about 5 hours from DC... Yeah, the forged motor is for some type of FI. I am just going to spray it hard now... But I really want to go either SC or Turbo later on.
Damn, you have that rocket and it takes you 5 hours to get to DC. I gues with the people not getting out of the way could take that long, hehe.

I expected only 3 hours tops. 5 is a hike.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:05 AM
TECH Resident

I have been called a ricer many times! I love sitting in a parking lot, waiting around for someone to drive in that doesn't know the car. They preceed to talk ****, telling how they can beat everyone around. I proceed to say, "I'll run ya." They ask what I have and I say a bolt-on RX-7. I show them (Not under the hood) and they laugh, saying no imports can hang. My car is fairly old, peeling paint and had the stock wheels and old *** tires. I then crank the car and open the cutouts and 95% of the time I don't hear anything about racing them again. I love it.
When you do that, you got to get them on film. There face expressions have to be priceless.
Old 07-16-2006, 12:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

he also has like no interior no back seats no carpet and a set of slicks in the back. so i begin to get a little suspicious. i ask him about what his car weighed and he said 2200lb

Wow. CRX's don't have back seats. And it probabaly weight that much with everything still in it stock.
Old 07-16-2006, 12:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is an all motor civic in Tampa Fl area running like a 11.8, it's a gutbox!