Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Blackbird stripes installed on 96 Formula WS6

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 11:14 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Blackbird stripes installed on 96 Formula WS6

The day was crappy, so I decided to give the stripes a try. My g/f bought these for me for Christmas, but I was hesitant to install them and I did not know whether I would like them.

I started peeling the stock 'Ram Air' decals and I begain to cringe and rethink whether I should continue or not. I did. I cut around the stripes and taped them to the hood. I began to worry as they did not want to contour the curve of the hood. I thought since I am this far, Ill try to manipulate them as I am squeegeing the stripes.

It worked!!! I was able to put a slight curve in the stripes and to my surprise, no air bubbles!!! Im sure as its drying some are bound to pop up, but the sun will take care of those.

Enough typing, how about some pics...

I decided to wrap the stripe around the back side of the hood. If I want to in the future I can cut them at the top...

I really like the way it turned out.

Ill have full exterior shots of the car later on tonight. It was raining out and did not want to take the car out.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:46 AM
TECH Regular

looks awesome!!! Where did you g/f get the stripes? I have a WS6 hood in the mail and that's exactly what I want for mine!
Old 07-12-2006, 11:48 AM
TECH Addict

Looks really good. I'm kind of surprised how well it flows with the hood of an LT1. Very nice.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:05 PM
TECH Addict

Let's see some wider shots of the car with them!
Old 07-12-2006, 12:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

looks awesome. I love the stripes on my car.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:20 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by OneMeanZ
Looks really good. I'm kind of surprised how well it flows with the hood of an LT1. Very nice.
I actually had to 'bend' the stripes in order to get the result that you see. If I laid them out straight from the nostrils, the ends would end up being about 3-4 inches closer to the fenders on each side.

I peeled half of the stripes from the backing tape, sprayed that with soap, placed the stripe by the nostrils, took the rest of the backing tape off and sprayed the stripes as wellas the hood. I placed the end where I wanted it and where I wanted the front and when I was squeeging the water out I noticed that the stripes wanted to 'fold' over on itself. All it took was some time and patience to manipulate the stripes to fit the curve of the hood as it is not straight.

I took my time doing them, only about 2 hours max from start to finish. When I remove the tape on the top of the stripes, I had no air bubbles on the driver side and only one on the passenger side.

Originally Posted by Scotty-Z
Let's see some wider shots of the car with them!
I will have better pictures tonight when I get home form work. It was still raining last night when I was installing them in the garage.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:38 PM
12 Second Club

Took some pictures outside today...

I need to re-align the hood to match the fender and the headlight cover. Thats hopefully next weekends project as its supposed to be in the 90's all weekend.