Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What True duals set up will work around a Sphon Chassis mount Tq Arm?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 11:55 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default What True duals set up will work around a Sphon Chassis mount Tq Arm?

Questioning this for a my buddies car. He wanted to go with a true duals dumped set up, and had this shop Who's name I will not mention yet, do all this work. After they kept taking for ever and had excuse after excuse as to why it wasn't done. He got it back Leaving puddles of oil and coolant (which I fixed after they reused the old waterpump and crank seal gaskets on the cam install) But they also just clamped bulllets and turndowns to his headers. NO X no H just a bullet muffler and a turndown. So what is the best setup that we can go with that will fit around the Sphon Chassis mount TA?? Thanks in advance.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you do it out past the T/A, it will be tight. Chassis mounted t/a's do not give a lot of clearance (as i well know)

I have that same setup, mufflers off the headers. I want to save as much weight as possible.

It is possible to put an equalizer pipe going from side to the other( H pipe), but it would be longer than most by another foot.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dschmittie1
Questioning this for a my buddies car. He wanted to go with a true duals dumped set up, and had this shop Who's name I will not mention yet, do all this work. After they kept taking for ever and had excuse after excuse as to why it wasn't done. He got it back Leaving puddles of oil and coolant (which I fixed after they reused the old waterpump and crank seal gaskets on the cam install) But they also just clamped bulllets and turndowns to his headers. NO X no H just a bullet muffler and a turndown. So what is the best setup that we can go with that will fit around the Sphon Chassis mount TA?? Thanks in advance.
It will have to be custom made. Here are some examples
Attached Thumbnails What True duals set up will work around a Sphon Chassis mount Tq Arm?-duals2.jpg   What True duals set up will work around a Sphon Chassis mount Tq Arm?-trueduals.jpg