Been Thinking

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 03:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Been Thinking

About getting rid of my TA and getting a 5.0 and a Bike. Starting to get tired of every yahoo around me asking to race this guy and that guy, and Im also never happy with the power I get, I keep wanting more which means more money, more problems, nuthing ever goes as it should, feels like I own an Classic car again Been looking at 916-998 Ducati's and RSV Aprilia's for the past couple of days, maybe its just a phase....kinda hope so but then I really miss having a Bike, kept the car bug away. But then I did have two people hit me on my Gixxer when I had it(not my fault) Whatta you guys think?
Old 07-12-2006, 03:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the bike will be a phase, and in texas heat will get old after a while.... especially wearing all gear, and it being 90-100 degrees outside... here in houston traffic, being on a bike/ and wearing gear during rush hours is torture.... dont know why you would want a mustang over a t/a? they look like butthole
Old 07-12-2006, 03:24 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Starting to get tired of every yahoo around me asking to race this guy and that guy, and Im also never happy with the power I get, I keep wanting more which means more money, more problems, nuthing ever goes as it should
...and exactly how will this change with the purchase of a turd slow 5.0 Mustang you won't be happy with, that needs more maintenance than a newer car, and bike that is too slow in stock form and will bore you after a month or two?

If you really want to get out of the speed game, buy a Civic and quit for good
Old 07-12-2006, 03:26 PM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by Nine Ball

If you really want to get out of the speed game, buy a Civic and quit for good
Cold turkey baby..
Old 07-12-2006, 03:30 PM
TECH Junkie

HAhahah...civic. Well the 5.0 would be just a daily driver for well, rainy days, not really for speed, but just more get up and go then a 4 banger s10 and look halfway decent if I wanted to spruce it up later. And the weather thing...well im nuts anyways, I hardly ever use my AC, I have to actually feel sweat dripping off my ***** before I turn my AC on....years of having muscle cars with no AC, 105 temp doesnt even phase me sitting in traffic and I have ridin my old 750 Ducati and 750 Gixxer in 40 degree and less weather before, cold doesnt bother me unless there is ice and heat doesnt bother me unless im wearing full racing leathers with no vent cuts...but then I wouldnt do that
Old 07-12-2006, 03:31 PM
TECH Regular

Let me give you some advice from experience. I had an 02 WS6 sold it for a truck cause i had a truck phase, then about 4 months later i was like OH **** i want my car back and then the new mustangs came out and i was like well **** ill try it out. Now im STUCK with a Piece Of **** mustang and have been kicking myself for the past 2yrs and can't get out of the stang cause id be so Negative it wouldn't be funny. So theres my .02 take it as you will.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by crsmetal
Let me give you some advice from experience. I had an 02 WS6 sold it for a truck cause i had a truck phase, then about 4 months later i was like OH **** i want my car back and then the new mustangs came out and i was like well **** ill try it out. Now im STUCK with a Piece Of **** mustang and have been kicking myself for the past 2yrs and can't get out of the stang cause id be so Negative it wouldn't be funny. So theres my .02 take it as you will.
true, but then i just get sick of all these people, saying "race him" "race them" "come to this car meet cause I got someone for you to race" crap, gets annoying. Then if i dont they think im chickin to race which is so far from the truth it aint even funny, I just like the improptu races, not set up races, and im not to much for calling people out unless its just for fun among friends kinda thing. Then I also remember when I had my bike, i would just go out riding for ***** an giggles, no reason, just to make some corners and lean that bike to the ground and rip on the throttle on the straights, whatta freakin rush.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ravenous T\A
true, but then i just get sick of all these people, saying "race him" "race them" "come to this car meet cause I got someone for you to race" crap, gets annoying.
I had this problem too until I started telling these people to bring their own damn car and race or STFU. That seems to shut them up pretty fast...
Old 07-12-2006, 04:05 PM
TECH Junkie

tried that, they know they dont have anything they just like to use me as an ego buster for some rice sometimes, but its not worth getting busted by the POPO IMO.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by _Zac
Cold turkey baby..
Dont even talk to me about cold turkey, just driving one just for the time being kicks my ***..........

Dude keep your T/A and go finance a bike if that makes you happy...........im telling you if you get rid of the car on a whim ur gonna want it back sooner or later and the feeling sucks.........
Old 07-12-2006, 04:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Keep the car... it's a phase that I've gone through a few times and the though crosses my mind when I start to have a few problems out of the car. I'm just going to keep the car and buy another car for everyday. I'm getting a Hyundai soon
Old 07-12-2006, 05:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Well my car is paid for and Financing a bike would just create another bill which I dont need.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just buy you a nice accord for your DD an just drive the T/A when you feel like it.
Thats wht i do an my car is slow, but it feel fast after a week are two in accord
And you don't have to race all the time either.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 01 Red WS6
Keep the car... it's a phase that I've gone through a few times and the though crosses my mind when I start to have a few problems out of the car. I'm just going to keep the car and buy another car for everyday. I'm getting a Hyundai soon
haha im going from a 04 hyundai elantra to the 94 formula in my sig.. people call me nuts they dont understand
Old 07-12-2006, 05:37 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Ravenous T\A
true, but then i just get sick of all these people, saying "race him" "race them" "come to this car meet cause I got someone for you to race" crap, gets annoying. Then if i dont they think im chickin to race which is so far from the truth it aint even funny, I just like the improptu races, not set up races, and im not to much for calling people out unless its just for fun among friends kinda thing. Then I also remember when I had my bike, i would just go out riding for ***** an giggles, no reason, just to make some corners and lean that bike to the ground and rip on the throttle on the straights, whatta freakin rush.

You dont have to do anything that you dont want to do. With the advent of call ID and the phrase "**** off", you can acutely control your communication with people. I think the best case for someone with your "issues", is to stay off the message boards for a while. It gets old with all the kiddy trash talking and lame threads.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:43 PM
MJK
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you need some time away from "The Scene" and not actually your car.Like people don't mod bikes?I'm sure that "mod bug" will bite you just as it did with your TA.

A 5.0?Puuuuuleeeeeaaaaaase...Nothing against them (I have owned a couple) but there are few "Mod Bugs" that bite harder than the 5.0 species.The aftermarket is CRAZY on those.And I speak from personal experience on that...It won't stay a daily driver with a little more pep for very long.

You are right in that there never is enough power but,you have to get back into THE CAR.Not the people,not the races,not the mods....Its about the car.When you can honestly say the car doesn't "do it" for you any more,then I say its time to sell.

Give it time to make sure its NOT a whim.I have learned that the hard way many times!
Old 07-12-2006, 06:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Worst thread ever !!!!! Sell your car Darren and I'll kill you and run over the sport bike with the 18 wheeler... HAhahahaha
Old 07-12-2006, 06:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Darren you is crazy! Keep the car and get another one because you'll regret selling the car. I too was once like that but then realized it was just a phase. I just got a truck and WoHoooooo! A/C baby...A/C!
Old 07-12-2006, 06:56 PM
10 Second Club

If you sell it I am pretty sure youll regret it later on. That is a badass car you have and its already paid off! Just sit and think about it and I think youll decide not to sell it
Old 07-12-2006, 07:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by xfactor_pitbulls
You dont have to do anything that you dont want to do. With the advent of call ID and the phrase "**** off", you can acutely control your communication with people. I think the best case for someone with your "issues", is to stay off the message boards for a while. It gets old with all the kiddy trash talking and lame threads.
Good advice from Brandon.
Here is mine.
Keep the car, dont spend money on it, and quit racing (ya know, like it used to be when the wife wouldn't let ya ) as much, or worrying about the win/loss. Do it on your time if you want to, not when everyone calls you out or whatever.

You'll miss the car and quickly want to spruce up the 5.0 to get it near what the T/A was. I miss having a fast car, but I'm just as home in a truck as a car. I figured I needed to save some money for a bit and get through school before I got another money pit. I sold mine because I got completely tired of it, and messing with it. It was much more of a pain in the *** to drive than your car, not to mention all i drove in was block to block stop-n-go. Keep the car for a few more months, and see what you think then.