Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 04:20 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Question

I lost the plate for my manual cutout awhile back, but now I need a new one and a gasket. I did a search, but nothing came up.

Where can I get one?
Old 07-13-2006, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Check locally, see if anybody has bought an E-cutout and has the plate handy. Other than that, you could always just make one. Find some gasket maker at your local part store.

How often do you have the cutout closed anyway?
Old 07-18-2006, 12:11 PM
TECH Regular

Gasket maker? I've never used that, is that a paste? Will it make the plate stick to the cutout?

Someone really needs to sell these individually. I know a lot of people lose them and still no one sells/ships them?

I never have the plate on, but I'm selling the car so I need it.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:18 PM
TECH Addict

Ive seen people taking sheetmetal and cutting that to fit the cutout opening and placing a gasket between the metal and gasket then put the wingnuts on and they said that worked fine, yeah IDK why anyone doesnt sell just the plates I know a few people who have lost them
Old 07-18-2006, 12:57 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My cutout is going to have an electric bolted to it, then a piece after the electric cutout with a flange and dump. I'm going to drill a hole in one of the bolts and stick a cotter key through it. That way if the bolts come loose, I'll hear it gingling around and it won't fall off while I'm hauling nuts down the freeway.

Cheap insurance.