Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Just some engine painting pics

Old 07-13-2006, 06:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just some engine painting pics

I realize this isnt the best engine bay on here but thats not why Im posting this. Im not trying to show it offf im more or less looking for some more ideas that wont cost an arm and a leg so let me know guys. And in the engine bay pics the paint looks yellow due to the flash but its the same color as the nitrous bottle.

Chrome hood hydraulic lifts, painted area in fron of hood latch and front bumper, removed windshield washer resovoir, painted lower air box, clear coated lid. Thanks guys for looking.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Pretty hard to tell from the pics. But why are all the 'caps' missing off the
underhood? I'm not sure i like that big of area of accent color underhood.
Hawk
Old 07-13-2006, 07:30 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 227Hawk
Pretty hard to tell from the pics. But why are all the 'caps' missing off the
underhood? I'm not sure i like that big of area of accent color underhood.
Hawk

LOL! I noticed the missing caps too!

So why orange? I usually see a lot of Red, Silver, Chrome, polished under the hood of black cars. I am just curious why you went with the orange?

I like the bottle painted orange, but the lid base? I think that once you start accenting a little more, it will grow on me. You have one color that sticks out like a sore thumb under there.
What about 3 colors under the hood. Like your orange, black and something else to accent the orange, like a yellow or something? Just a thought. I do want to see what you do with it. It looks like you can paint very well, so I am interested in seeing what becomes of your car. Good luck!
Old 07-13-2006, 07:42 PM
TECH Regular

LOL the caps are still drying I resanded them and painted them black. Im going to paint the intake and some other things also. The reason I did orage was like you said you see alot of silver reds and blues even but never orange. Im actuallly considering paint the lower lid back to a glossy black. and painting the lid orange. Not sure though.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:12 PM
TECH Resident

I vote you go through with painting that lower lid black. Paint that lid orange along with an orange manifold and maybe an orange STB. Then one orange thing under the hood wont stick out like a sore thumb all by its lonesome. No offense But that bottle looks great!
Old 07-13-2006, 08:29 PM
TECH Regular

Yes I believe Ill go back to black with the lower lid. And paint the lid orange. Im pretty excelled in airbrushing as well so maybe I would put Z28 in black and go some white ghost flames on it as well. Or maybe just orange with the white ghost flames ill have to see what I can come up with. Thanks for the criticism guys good or bad. Thats what I was wanting. keep it coming
Old 07-13-2006, 11:44 PM

wow that is bright
Old 07-13-2006, 11:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think the bottle looks cool but its in the trunk or where ever you mount it..

That color doesnt work for the engine in my opinion.. the engine can be tricky and with a black car its harder,most of the engine is black to begin with.. even to much red can kill the whole thing.. I just can already see it growing into a pumpkin..
Old 07-14-2006, 06:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Quick question, what paint did you use for the plastic piece the connects the the front bumper support?? Been wanting to paint that but not sure of what paint to use and how to prep it. Engine bay looks nice, just the orange lower air box is a little bright. You could always paint the maf ends and valve covers, and the ever popular frc mod always makes the engine look nice. Also, a strut tower brace looks good in there too. Just my $0.02.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:47 AM
TECH Regular

Its just typical spray paint enamel on the radiator stuff. Yea I think ill lost the paint on the lower air box this weekend it was a good try though.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:56 AM
Staging Lane

Chrome the top of the bottle.The orange looks good but the top doesnt do justice for it though.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS144
Its just typical spray paint enamel on the radiator stuff. Yea I think ill lost the paint on the lower air box this weekend it was a good try though.
I wasnt trying to be mean.. trying something different is a plus.. i just dont think that color would work, unless the car was sunburst.. Take some notes from this thread..

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...&highlight=red

I have worked on mine for over 5 years and still dont have it the way i want it.. When i look back on things that i thought where cool at the time, they looked dumb.. You will find the right color or the the right scheme and it will come together.. Good Luck
Old 07-14-2006, 10:18 AM
TECH Regular

Yes im going to polish the nozzle and gauge nd everything tomm since im off from work finally.
I know you didnt mean anything harsh apache. You have any pics of your bay id like to see it if possible.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sure no problem.. keep in mind my car isnt a daily driver and alot of stuff has been done to unclutter it..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just some engine painting pics