Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

installing harland rocker arms

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 10:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installing harland rocker arms

I'm thinking about getting some Harland Sharp 1.8 rocker arms for my 2002 z28. I've got the full range of exhaust and intake bolt ons(lid,CAI,catback,LTs,3.73,tune,ported tb,vig2800)I'll be getting heads and a cam later. Will these rocker arms give me clearance issues on say a tr224? How easy are they to install? Are we talking taking off the valve covers and swap out, or is it more complicated? Any sites with install instructions? Will I need to tune to adjust for the increase in lift? Thanks
Old 07-14-2006, 11:59 PM
Banned

You can't use 1.8's on most cams including the TR224.

I've had the Harlans on my car so I'm talking from experience. Don't get them. I bought them before I planned to get a cam and it severly limited my cam choices after that. The rockers are very heavy over the nose so it is more risky at high rpm. (the valve springs have to work harder to compensate for the weight.) When I took them off one of the roller bearings was going to self-destruct probably within 10k more miles. Fluke defect?

If you decide to get rockers get 1.7's so you can use them with any cam out there. Harlans are good on the Gen I engines but are straight junk (I don't know why) on the Gen III motors. You get what you pay for usually and there's a reason they are the cheapest rockers by far on the market.

If you want to get the extra lift just get a cam and you'll never miss the .30 lift the 1.8's gave you while limiting future choices. On average the 1.8's will dyno just 7 rwhp if that on a stock cam. Not worth the effort considering you have to buy new valve springs anyway to install them, just do the cam/springs. ~Joshua
Old 08-07-2006, 05:42 PM
Staging Lane

pick heads and cam first but the harland sharp's arent junk i run there stuff and its great they only use quality parts all made in the usa. ive seen them compared to other rockers and there much better than alot of the big guys stuff
Old 08-07-2006, 06:23 PM
Teching In

try Nate at Nasty Performance he is a dealer for Curtisbilt rockers they're adjustable & fit uder the stock cover.