User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Can we please do something about this?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 08:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Can we please do something about this?

People simply cannot grasp the fact that quoting multiple pictures is annoying to the rest of us. And it's not just a couple people here; a ton of them do it! It slows down the loading time for people on slower connections and is just generally a royal pain in the *** for the rest of us.

This thread is a good example:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...1&page=1&pp=40

Not the worst I've ever seen in terms of quoting them, but just shows you how ridiculous it gets. People quote six and seven huge pictures just to make a comment like "OMG I LOVE YOUR CAR".

Is there anyway to put a hack into the system that turns all quoted pics into thumbnails? We have that over at LS2.com and it works wonderfully. Either that, or make it more well known that quoting multiple pics shouldn't be done.
Old 07-16-2006, 09:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Its a built-in feature in the new version of software that Brains is working on. When that gets implemented, you'll see it.

In the meantime, mods just have to go through threads and edit the replies to remove the img tags.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:47 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

I love your Camaros!!!

(sorry, had to do it)
Old 07-16-2006, 05:01 PM
TECH Addict

Sounds great guys.

Glad the issue is being addressed and thanks for all your hard work. It makes such a difference around here!

Oh, and Tony..... I should've expected that. I'm a smartass as well, so I'm pretty sure I'd have done the same.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:54 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Scotty-Z
Sounds great guys.

Glad the issue is being addressed and thanks for all your hard work. It makes such a difference around here!

Oh, and Tony..... I should've expected that. I'm a smartass as well, so I'm pretty sure I'd have done the same.
If you quoted pics to all the cars in his sig, the servers would crash.

I edit the pics out as best I can. I normally leave a little note saying "Remove IMG tags from pics PLZTHNKX", or something to that nature.