Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I think I may be cursed!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 01:01 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy I think I may be cursed!

Okay so I have had my car for a year now but have only raced maybe 4 cars since then,(excluding my 4 f-body friends). It seems that every car that I get to run against is a fast a$$ sleeper. For instance tonight me and two other of my buddies took our cars down to Woodward and Holy crap there is some bad freak'n cars down there. By some I mean hundreds I finally got to race a car after crusing around for awhile, it was a black srt4 that looked pretty much stock minus the black rims. We slow down to about 40-45ish and both nail it at roughly the same time. I start to pull maybe half a car and then suddenly I hear what sounds like a 747 taking off as this freakin car instantly gains about 70 horse and pulls me by about a car. My rpms are climbing pretty high and I start to pull back even with the guy but then he shifts and then he starts to pull me again. After we hit about 80 he had about 1 1/2 cars on me, we shut them down and I get up next to the kid give him the thumbs up and compliment his ride. This is only one of these races I have been involved in but they all seem to end about the same I get a nice rude awakening about just how many faster cars there are out there.
BTW if you live in the michigan area and have not been down to woodward on a saturday night it is well worth your time, lots of sweet cars. Oh well I guess I need to find a way to get some money for so more mods so this doesn't turn into a habit for me. Sorry if this is so long but I always seem to write novels when describing anything.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chevyhighrider
Okay so I have had my car for a year now but have only raced maybe 4 cars since then,(excluding my 4 f-body friends). It seems that every car that I get to run against is a fast a$$ sleeper. For instance tonight me and two other of my buddies took our cars down to Woodward and Holy crap there is some bad freak'n cars down there. By some I mean hundreds I finally got to race a car after crusing around for awhile, it was a black srt4 that looked pretty much stock minus the black rims. We slow down to about 40-45ish and both nail it at roughly the same time. I start to pull maybe half a car and then suddenly I hear what sounds like a 747 taking off as this freakin car instantly gains about 70 horse and pulls me by about a car. My rpms are climbing pretty high and I start to pull back even with the guy but then he shifts and then he starts to pull me again. After we hit about 80 he had about 1 1/2 cars on me, we shut them down and I get up next to the kid give him the thumbs up and compliment his ride. This is only one of these races I have been involved in but they all seem to end about the same I get a nice rude awakening about just how many faster cars there are out there.
BTW if you live in the michigan area and have not been down to woodward on a saturday night it is well worth your time, lots of sweet cars. Oh well I guess I need to find a way to get some money for so more mods so this doesn't turn into a habit for me. Sorry if this is so long but I always seem to write novels when describing anything.
it seems like i always race faster cars too, even though i know they're faster before i race lol.

Originally Posted by chevyhighrider
BTW if you live in the michigan area and have not been down to woodward on a saturday night it is well worth your time, lots of sweet cars.
lol i cracked up when i read that
Old 07-16-2006, 11:33 PM
Teching In

Woodward is packed with lots of nice cars on friday and saturday nights. Chevyhighrider, a bunch of guys from Mifbody.com get together every friday/saturday at Auto Europe (exotic car dealership on 15 & Woodward) around 9:00 P.M.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

All the cool meets are always so far away.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:48 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah I saw a bunch of f-bodys sitting at Auto Europe and thought about stopping in but it was too much fun cruising. BTW I was with two of my buddies a black lowered 93z with zo6 rims, and his brother in a navy blue z28 with tinted widows and the ground effects. We were down there on saturday and had so much fun that we decided to go again on sunday, which was kind of stupid because it was pretty dead compared to the day before. Are all fridays and saturdays that packed with cars, or was there a couple of group gatherings that day? I was blown away by how many sweet cars were down there.