Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deepest sounding exhaust setup for 02 with CME?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 11:30 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deepest sounding exhaust setup for 02 with CME?

OK- I know exhaust sounds are all in the ear of the beholder but subjectively, I'm looking for opinions on an exhaust setup for an 02 SS with CME.

I want a DEEP, means-business tone. No popping, crackly **** like I'm driving something out of the 60's. Looking for a deep, rumbling tone, especially at idle.

I am stock right now, but will be going to QTP headers, with catted Y soon.

I am leaning towards Magnaflo, but did hear a B&B setup that sounded very nice. I know GMMG is highly regarded on this board, but I'm not sure if it may have to much popping/rasping for my taste.

I've also been over to the LS1sounds site, and while there are a number of hi-quality clips over there, most are done with digital cameras or have bad audio quality.

Just looking for some opinions.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would say true duals with sweet thunders will be the deepest you can get
Old 07-16-2006, 02:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Magnaflow is generally regarded as being quite deep and rumbly and I can most certainly vouch for that, seeing as I daily drove their catback for over 2 years, both on stock manifolds and also with LTs.

I'm also looking for deep and rumbly while staying smooth, so I may be doing some custom work to hook a 2OTL muffler into my CME.